Kathrein antenna

Have a natter here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Re: Kathrein antenna

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Does anyone have acccess to one of these to post some close up photos of all round the cross piece and the features in the mouldings/tube? It would really come in handy for my current project which i will post some pics of soon! :)
(:D

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Which cross piece and mouldings/tube do you mean? :?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi Roland, it's the horizontal piece, i'd like to see some closeups of the top, both ends, the underside and a dimension in mm between the centre of the stub for the mounting adapter and the centre of the green vertical lower element of the dipole. That would be super! I see there are some screws in the lugs next to the dipole and it looks like there is one on the end of the horizontal too posibly with a screw in it. SOme closeups would really help with this! (:D (:D

Regards

John

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am

Actually help with the approximate dimensions in mm here would be brilliant. (:D

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Sorry for the delay, it took me a certain time to get access to my KATHREIN.

The dimensions are as follows, starting at 12 clockwise:

Hope this helps.

Closeup photos didn't work with my cheap basic digicam e:(

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks Roland, that's perfect. I think i will be restricted by the build bed size as the overall length is longer than the build bed, though i could try it vertically or in more seperate pieces. The odd shape of the end where the cable entry is is elusive! If you do manage to get a closer up shot of that so i can better match the profile, this would be useful!

Other than that i may just scale it to fit on the build bed as it will still look the part and nobody will notice that it's 30mm shorter!! (:D (:D

Cheers
John