Trace

Have a natter here.
Busman
Re: Trace

Post by Busman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi Roland,
Quick update, managed to find Billys service history, and he was serviced at Lammermann VW at GroB-Gerau,which is no where near Wolfsburg or Bonn. Therefore it must of been his area of service..... what you think ???? :shock:

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Great find, Groß-Gerau is located SW of Frankfurt and actually seems to be Billy's area of service!

It's quite likely, that a KatS vehicle wasn't serviced by the KatS' own garages, private ones sometimes did the job.

Already checked Feuerwehr Groß-Gerau's site for infos and also the local THW site. No success, will contact Lämmermann and getting back to you.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 am

I'm in touch with Lämmermann.

They'll try it with the VIN. Please PM me if need be. Might start with 2172 ... :geek:

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:27 pm

As a slightly related aside, to verify the VW build date of Vicky, i have applied for the Certificate from VW. I need this to change the taxation class to the correct "Historic" class as she is now 40 years old. However as Brunn kept the FüKW-TEL 80s until 1980, the date of first registration is 1980 so the DVLA used this as the reference date when she was imported and gave her a 1980 age related regstration.

I guess she might get a new reg number when she gets offically recognised as a 1977 model...you can't have a car wearing a newer reg i don't think.

Good look with tracing your buses history, it sounds like you are on your way. Also if the dealership is still in situ, you might be able to get some local goodies from them. We nipped in to the one in Bersenbruck and got some dealer numberplate surrrounds which give a her visible reference back to part of her history.

Busman

Post by Busman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Cheers Admin, I have sent Roland my chassis number as he claims he can speak to Lammerman in Germany to check. So we shall see. It is looking hopeful for GrosB Greau.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:12 pm

It looked really good, but Lämmermann wasn't able to help in the end.

One reason to contact them first and not the firefighters is the experience, that they all got a website but never reply to emails.

Will keep on pestering them after my holidays. :}^

Busman

Post by Busman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:06 pm

It is very good of you Roland to persist in the persute of the truth. Thank you, I will keep checking back now and then. And hope you have a brilliant holiday.