T25 Krankenwagen(?) Lesotho

See an Emergency VW out and about? Post pics here.
jolas
EVW Addict
T25 Krankenwagen(?) Lesotho

Post by jolas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Greetings guys

A fellow forum friend on Aircooled VWSA, Adrian (aka Pine), spotted this ambulance in 2005 whilst travelling through Lesotho - he suspects it was donated to that country from Germany, or another country, but no one could confirm it.
Sadly it was in a government scrap yard at the time, so it will be long gone by now. It did'nt appear to be in bad shape. Can't wait to hear all your comments re this particular model (:D

Cheers

eiret25
EVW Addict

Re: T25 Krankenwagen(?) Lesotho

Post by eiret25 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Shame if it was scrapped. It looked to be in good condition

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Yeah I agree - it would be a shame.

The number plate on the dashboard - does it ring any bells for anyone - it's definitely not of Lesotho or South African origins ?

The blue beacons, siren, and the amber (rear) roof mounted lights all appear to be original with this ambulance, but clearly European spec. (Not too sure about those horns)? Has it been repainted ? What colour were your ambulances in the 80's and 90's. Perhaps ex Feurweher or military ? I'm guessing Holland or Germany. :?:

eiret25
EVW Addict

Post by eiret25 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 pm

I doubt military as T3's issued to the Heer and US forces based in Germany were fitted with brackets around the windows and lights, one on each corner to hold a canvas cover. I cant seem to see them on this.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:48 pm

This particular model actually is an ambo, a KFB-Extramobile conversion.

http://www.vwpix.org/T3/Prospekte/deuts ... portwagen/

KFB-Extramobile located adjacent to Nürburgring Formula 1 racetrack is the only one company, which used cool NORDLICHT hitops for its ambos.

The number plate doesn't ring any bell tho' I'm some kind of a collector. Maybe another African country?

The colour is a bit confusing. German ambos from this period were painted elfenbein (= ivory) RAL 1014 at any rate.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Nice one Roland, good refernce pics! There's no doubt there that it was one of those, just a shame if it did go as others have said, it looked in great condition! e:(