Super Moderator
Re: Morning!

Post by lmpd » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:16 pm

How about stuffing a mattress to go in the back of the pick-up??? \:)/

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Brilliant! In the past we used field cots to sleep in the back during our club camp out but that would be much more comfy!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Morning!

How is the weather elsewhere?

Winter has arrived and I already got stuck at a 19% slope. A Czech lorry driver in front of me is to blame tho'. e:( :oO O:)

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:16 pm

:shock: We've had a bit of snow on the high ground - nothing like what you've got!!!

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Brrrrr! That looks chilly Roland. No snow here in the midlands and it's getting warmer.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Actually temperatures were around 1 Celsius.

This narrow road was the official diversion of an A-Road, which was closed due to roadworks. It took us over three hours to move on, the snowplough needed two loads of salt to create a reasonable surface. Spoke to the crew of an oncoming fire engine with the (:D (:D on, the pursuing even road had been blocked by fallen trees anyway ... %(

Snow has gone in the meantime, it rains since then. Xmas thaw! %(

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Good afternoon!

At the mo our annual Feuerwehr 'Schlachtfest' is underway. I introduced this 'slaughtering fest' last year, where stuff from freshly slaughtered pigs is offered.

This time we did some pics!

The (exhausted) Saturday evening double shift Spam dispenser team

The fest is well attended by neighbour Feuerwehren and locals

A slaughtering platter consists of meat, boiled belly pork, a liver sausage and a black pudding sausage served with Sauerkraut and bread

Doesn't smell too bad

Bon appetit!

Also available but limited are special requests like ham hocks, curly tails (not curly any more), cheeks, ears and snouts ...

How about an ear?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Evening!
Thanks for posting more pictures Roland (and Jutta), looks like a good night! I was hungry when i first read this post and had to go and eat. That would work over here though i'm sure someone would turn up and ask for the Vegetarian option. :lol:

It's a shame our local fire stations don't do more community stuff like this. They do the odd charity car wash day or open day but never hog roasts. Have to go to the Rugby club for that on Guy Fawkes night.
Whilst we were at Feuerwehr Bersenbruck, they showed us the screen they had set up for the football (World Cup or Euro...either way, England had unsurprisingly been knocked out :roll: :lol: ) and the place was opened up as a community football screen...great idea!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Good afternoon,

it actually was a good night, whereas the main party was going on in the empty vehicle hall and not in the Spam dispenser. /:)

The veggies could go for a plate of Sauerkraut, but we hadn't any request for that option. :lol:

Hog roasts seem to be common on Guy Fawkes nights. I remember an invitation we once had by chance in the middle of nowhere in Kent. Yum yum! Furthermore the bonfire was huge and the fireworks were professional and highclass!

Food like this fits the cold season. We have a cold snap with degrees around -10 right now. Stuttgart's River Neckar is icebound. The 'water' around the ice floes is ice as well! Yesterday it even was on the nationwide telly news

Especially the watergates are out of use and several ships got stuck. The bollards always remind me of a glass of Guinness BTW /\:)

A KatS buoy? Located at km 177 after well, nearly halfway

It's good to have a winter car at the mo. Or do you want your Bus crusted over by gritting salt? :-K

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Good afternoon!

The ice has gone and we have temperatures above freezing now. A bit of snow this morning tho'.

Could be worse. At the mo there is the 50th anniversary of the Hamburg storm surge. A major disaster, 315 people lost their lives.

Three historic pics from 1962:

Look at them omnipresent hapless VWs ... :cry: