Emergency Communications Vehicle South Africa

See an Emergency VW out and about? Post pics here.
jolas
EVW Addict
Re: Emergency Communications Vehicle South Africa

Post by jolas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 pm

/\:) Thanks Kieth !

lowesk

Post by lowesk » Tue May 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi,

The HF mobile antenna is a standard Hustler with a ball and spring mount. It has a helical whip about 1,2metres long and you change the resonating coil and top whip for different bands. It works very well with a good ground plane as it is mounted on the roof rack.
We also have a G5RV for field station use.

Regards

Keith

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:39 am

Dubmatix wrote:^^^^ What he said....love it!! Look at all those aerials!! That's the SA equivalent of the KatS radio buses...but with 4wd and a winch! /\:) (:D
Good that it will be looked after in semi retirement. HAMNET sounds like our RAYNET.. radio HAM group for emergency support for large incidents and also for large events.
PS Dug out the stickers this weekend so will try to get them off to you this week. Not forgotten! /\:)
Hi John - I received those stickers yesterday 8-) Thanks very much, much appreciated !!!! All noted on the new call sign 2EO VWB
I will have to get cracking and do my test for HF, also don't have an 80m rig - very out of touch at the moment :lol:
Thanks again !

Paul

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm

No worries Paul. When i get some more of the frosted ones i'll post another. Don't forget to post some pics of your dubs with stickers on! :)

(:D

John

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Dubmatix wrote:No worries Paul. When i get some more of the frosted ones i'll post another. Don't forget to post some pics of your dubs with stickers on! :)

(:D

John
Will definetly do that John, but the ambulance is going take take a looooooooong time - busy with a '59 bus at the moment - cheers !