Feuerwehr LT in firedrill

See an Emergency VW out and about? Post pics here.
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Feuerwehr LT in firedrill

Post by rolandrat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Similar pics and location, but I can't help to post them as it is quite quiet on the forum at the mo.

A few days ago PA announcements and heavy smoke sent Jutta out of the house. And guess what - a firedrill was going on! She took over 40 pics, here's a selection:

Lots of public

The local Red Cross was included as well. A really nice pair of EVWs!

Let the bus through!

Ladder ready for evacuation

Ladders everywhere. The upper one just gets out of place :o ! Safety attendant, are you sleeping?

The dummy on its stretcher is rescued

Machinist operating the front pump

Fire extinguished

Lowered MAGIRUS ladder, nicknamed 'dachshund' :lol:

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: Feuerwehr LT in firedrill

Post by Dubmatix » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Nice pics guys! Like the T4 and LT combo. /\:) Was the dummy rescued in time?

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:22 am

Think that the dummy was rescued in time. It's more complex to carry it on the stairs. Our dummy e.g. is made from old fire hoses and weighs a ton!

Whereas once we additionally rescued a rubber doll :twisted: ! Work must be fun but the public with kids wasn't amused ... :oops:

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:32 am

Last weekend saw a similar firedrill in our street. I think they do it once a year. As soon as the PA had been set up Jutta knew what's going on. :lol:

Here a selection of her pics:

Deploying and scouting

Mustering

Combating the house on fire, lots of by-standers

A happy rescued chap

A demo of the fully extended 30 metre ladder with VIPs in the basket

Finally some sad news: the LT has been decommissioned and replaced by a Sprinter ... :cry: :o e:( []<O

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29 pm

It all happens down your way doesn't it Roland!!!! :D

I wonder what happened to the LT???

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 am

Is that a yelllow Jensen i n the first pic? :?:
It's nice to have a bit of free street entertainment, shame about the LT though :(
I wonder what happened to the LT???
I think Pete wants to expand his fleet!

I hope it goes to an enthusiast as it looked in good shape!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:26 am

Remember the Volvo P1800 sports car driven by Simon Templar, played by Roger Moore, which was featured in the TV series 'The Saint'?

From 1971 till 1973 VOLVO built the according P1800 ES = 'Estate Sportswagon' in the 1st pic. Due to its all-glass tailgate it was nick-named 'Schneewittchensarg' = 'Snow White's Coffin' in Germany. :lol: Production ceased owing to stricter US safety and emissions standards.

A Jensen? Yes and no. The first P1800s in the early 60s were built by JENSEN MOTORS indeed! At first KARMANN had been chosen and was ready to build it, but its most important customer, VW, vetoed! JENSEN had problems with quality control tho', so the contract was ended early at 6,000 cars. Eventually production was moved to VOLVO's plant in Gothenburg.

As for the LT: it has been parked outside the fire station for a few weeks, which augured ill. Hopefully it went into good hands. :O

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:29 am

Schmiden's 2nd platoon did a smaller firedrill at the same location, a condemned house. (:D

Condemned houses are always welcome! There's no need for a 'dry' firedrill, one can swamp them, smash windows etc. :twisted:

Asked them about the continuance of the LT. They had no idea tho'. The reason for the withdrawal from service were a faulty gearbox and other minor probs. e:(

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:08 pm

That's it Roland, it's the Jensen built Volvo! I remember seeing one at a sailing club in North Wales, one of the members had one and i had a nose around.

A faulty gearbox? Blimey i bet it's hardly done a 100,000km. Still a nice van, is the fire station close to you? Would be interesting to try and keep an eye on it (:D