ASB dog van?

See an Emergency VW out and about? Post pics here.
abusbro
EVW Addict
ASB dog van?

Post by abusbro » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Photographed on a trip in Southern Germany a year or so ago now. ASB dog/hund bus... another one for Roland to explain i think!

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: ASB dog van?

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 am

For injured dogs maybe?? ;)

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:20 am

Obviously an ex ASB ambulance, subsequently in use at Arbeiter Samariter Bund Tuttlingen's Rettungshundezug (rescue dog platoon) and Besuchshundedienst (visit dog service). United with the neighbour administrative district association of Konstanz at the Lake Constance.

Founded in 1999 their Rettungshundezug is a SAR unit for persons to be missing and to rescue human lifes. The Besuchshundedienst is a social institution to pay a visit to the elderly, disabled, schools etc.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks Roland, it's good to know what these things are rather than just making wild guesses! :mrgreen: I wonder what the socket on the front panel is for? :?:

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:16 pm

The socket is for stand by battery charge and preservation whilst the vehicle is sitting in the hall.

An unreasonable mounting place by the way, it should be at the driver's side not to forget to unplug the cable before deploying. At our fire hall I once ripped one down from the ceiling (it w a s unplugged but got caught by the rear-view mirror ... :roll:).

As for rescue dogs: I always enjoy their show at our annual street fest from a loge seat; the K-9 handlers put up a huge scaffolding right in front of our house!