T2 KEF Kerzenheim

See an Emergency VW out and about? Post pics here.
jolas
EVW Addict
Re: T2 KEF Kerzenheim

Post by jolas » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your pics Roland - sad indeed :(

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:49 pm

As I said it's a hard fate for an ex fire Bus to blaze up. Another sample, ironically at a bus stop :!: :

Yesterday at our annual slaughtering fest I heard about this incident: what a nightmare for a fire fighter getting alarmed and see your own fire station being in flames!

All three vehicles and most of the gear destroyed. Obviously caused by a donated discarded fire engine from the main fire station! e:(. Steady battery charge was counterproductive ...

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 pm

The odds of that happening must be small, and the irony! When I was visiting the fire station where my van was stationed I was told that funding is tight; will this station have any problems replacing all the tenders that will be written off?

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Well, during the refurbishing of the fire station they were offered a shelter in a bus garage. /\:)

Luckily this particular fire station is an outpost of a big city, so clothing etc. could be provided from stock, stored in containers supplied by a building firm. The bus garage itself hosts two 'new' fire engines now, one could be bought in the area.

Tightly parked adjacent to a classic Renault Paris bus

Funding is tight indeed and the budget of the city, which is responsible for maintenance of their Feuerwehr by law, is challenged. Nevertheless two brand-new vehicles will be ordered. :) ()

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 pm

OOh i'm late on this thread, just saw the 79 panel burnt out :( Glad it's to be restored. It was good of the bus company to act as temporary station for the burnt out fire station. Remember to check your fuel hoses regularly.

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:02 pm

When I drove my van back home after picking her up, the fuel hose entering the engine bay was leaking fuel so I had a very lucky escape from a long drive home; the first work I had undertaken on her.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Ages ago we bought a T2 for a mate. The unworried Canadian seller had just returned from an Italy trip and told us whilst the test drive, that petrol smell inside and high consumption is fairly normal for such vehicles. /:)

It turned out, that one of the carb fuel hoses not only was leaking but also spitting petrol!

Driving it home was a hell ride! :}^

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 am

A further sample I found in the net:

The owner of this former FüKW-TEL 80 is looking for a buyer (who hopefully restores it :O ).

For 7,700 Euros on eBay.de Classified:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 0-216-2829