Wheel Chocks

Radio Equipment, Generators, Decontamination gear....
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Wheel Chocks

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Is there a standard or more common one? What manufacturer made/makes them? A guy i know wants one for his ex dutch army 181 :D Gonna dig mine out when i get half hour!

I thought we had a thread on these but it must have been lost when we lost the forum backup a few years ago.

[EDIT] Mine's made by Kucke of Wuppertal. Also translation for searching on ebay.de would be helpful too. :D

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Re: Wheel Chocks

Post by custardbomb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:32 pm

I didn't know they were meant to have chocks, though I suppose it makes perfect sense. Where is the designated stowage area, and if you can post some photos so we can help find some for the chap that would be good.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 pm

No problem. Here's a pic of mine, pressed steel, spotwelded construction and as mentioned above, made by Kucke of Wuppertal.
Apparently all German commercial vehicles have to carry them by law. Stowed alongside the spare wheel under the front seat on the TEL80 along with a plastic square which i think is for spreading the weight if jacking on softer ground.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 pm

And for reference, this is the military trekker chock and location. Bet they're made by the same company...

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 am

Wheel chocks made by KÜCKE were standard kit indeed in case of FuKWs and FüKWs. Not sure about the military Trekker ones, as this sample has a different handle and looks sturdier. Furthermore it has an 181 VW part no., 181860321.

There's an as good as new one on eBay.de right now: http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Kubel-181-Kub ... 564dc613f9

Search terms are: Unterlegkeil - Radkeil - Sicherungskeil - Bremskeil - Bremsschuh - Bremsklotz - Hemmschuh

John is right concerning the usage of the plastic square (also standard kit). It's a so called 'Pannenboy' (= breakdown boy) made by OTTO - the largest manufacturer of plastic waste containers in the world BTW :o ; same material? :lol: In the 'FüKW-TEL 80 interior on eBay' thread I already mentioned, that I like the nice Denglish. /\:)

Sometimes it's still in its original plastic bag i.e. never used. :D

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Brilliant thanks Roland! :) (:D