Signalkelle - Lollipops

Radio Equipment, Generators, Decontamination gear....
custardbomb
EVW Addict
Re: Signalkelle

Post by custardbomb » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:12 pm

I did note the other day that the paint used on the interior metal metal work is different on my van to that used on the bay windows which I found a little odd.

I am repairing a bent hinge on one of the rear arm rests by transplanting it with one from the armrest from an earlier model which is why I found this out.

It all of course depends how picky you want to be getting the colour match accurate.

Get some pics up when you are done :)

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Whether this photo adds any proof I don't know, as I think this van is already in the UK, but I do not know whether the lollipop came with it.
Attachments
newvan018.jpg
newvan018.jpg (38.4KiB)Viewed 11983 times

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm

A quick update. If you want to make a TEL80 bracket like that posted by Roland, save the image of the bracket, resize to 130% and print it out at 100%. Then it's a true scale outline of the original assuming that Roland used the original as a physical template and drew around it (which it looks like!) Thanks again Roland! :)

Or here's one i did earlier resized and ready to print it at 100%. :D Check it after printing to check for variations from printer to printer of course. :)
signalkelle Resized to 100% (croppedlowq).jpg
Use this one for a 1:1 scale image
signalkelle Resized to 100% (croppedlowq).jpg (23.26KiB)Viewed 11983 times
I think the colour i got was a Rover colour from Halfords Chris. It's close enough i think...will need to revisit that after i get the tin snips and hammer out. :D

Also..the paint may have been discoloured by the vast quantities of ciggies smoked in the buses :lol: . Maybe T-cutting the bay parts will bring the colour back to nearer that of the later ones.