KatS Jerrycan types....

Radio Equipment, Generators, Decontamination gear....
Dubmatix
Site Admin
KatS Jerrycan types....

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Are any of these correct for the TEL80? These are triple handled so they can be carried by two people.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: KatS Jerrycan types....

Post by rolandrat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:12 am

Yes, the 20 litre one to the right is the correct one. /\:)

In contrast to the one to the left it oughta have no 'hand grenade' locking pin and the one in the foreground is too small anyway.

It's meant for the generator, not the vehicle BTW. :geek:

The jerrycan is no German but an Italian invention though! They needed a proper fuel and water can for operations in Africa. The Wehrmacht adopted it in 1937. British copies are stamped W ´I`D = War Dept. A classic which is still produced.

The construction generates a bubble of air, so the can doesn't sink in water. Yep, a full can can (not the dance :lol: ) be carried by two people and one person is able to carry four (empty) ones.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Aha....i found a Jerrycan at a local army surplus with Bund on it but the date stamp is 1989...hey i can live with that minor error! Unless anyone knows where there's a 77-80 one? I do need to check to make sure it's the non pin type.

J

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 am

Great find! :) ()

I think you can live with the later date stamp, the can could have been replaced by the Feuerwehr for some reason ;) . The Bund label makes everything good. /\:)

Which colour does it have? Normally it's not the army olive green but a dark green.

FuKW 78s even came with khaki ones, old LSHD stock from the 60s.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 pm

It's actually a 1991...but it is the correct type but in Army Olive green. So a quick respray to the right shade would do it. Will have to take a look at someones original one or a piccy! Paintcode anyone? :D