claxon siren for emergency bay t2

Radio Equipment, Generators, Decontamination gear....
dubberlover
claxon siren for emergency bay t2

Post by dubberlover » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:57 pm

hi need to sorce a set of claxon sirens for my evw anybody know a site or where i can buy a set

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: claxon siren for emergency bay t2

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:53 pm

You need two Bosch (or Hella?) horns. There will be a high and a low. They are switched on in sequence independently by the control relay inside the bus. I saw a set at Slough swapmeet last time i went. You can often pick up more unusual stuff there...at a price. I saw a pair at Dubfreeze too, in the little side room next door to the show and shine. So they do show up.

From the other pic of your bus, you appear to have spotlights on it...but in that pic you can see the wire grommets in the front panel....can't see them in the pic above.

Do you have the writing on the bus now? Or are you planning to put it back on? Also have you added spotlights to it?

Anyway in the other pic elsewhere, the holes where the wires come through for your spotlights are probably the originals for the horn wires so you could remove your lights, fit your horns and then think about getting the wiring sorted. for the horns.

There is a diagram on here somewhere as another guy had a relay for sale with a diagram on the side! Try for Sale - Eberspacher to start with.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Just try ebay.de

Starktonhorn - Starktonhörner - MARTIN - Martinhorn - Martinshorn - HELLA - BOSCH - Horn - Hupe

Tonfolgeschalter - Tonfolge Steuergerät - Tonfolgesteuergerät - Klangfolgeschalter - Klangfolge Steuergerät - Klangfolgesteuergerät for the control relay.

Make sure to get 12 V items, there are also 6 V and 24 V ones around. A hot tip are stock twin horns (low and high frequency interconnected to achieve a better sound) from vintage Mercs (123, /8, ...). Sometimes a bargain at the scrap yard.

My favourite are the BOSCH deluxe horns, which fit a firetruck very well. A bit pricy though.

All horns are still available brand-new. Useful sites are:

http://www.bosch.de
http://www.hella.de
http://www.rkl-shop.de -> Sondersignal-Shop -> Sondersignal (Ton)

The last one mentioned furthermore offers all sorts of goodies like blue lights, blue light covers, lollipops etc.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 pm

rkl shop has a nice Hella two pack of horns though they are 112 Euros. You can probably order them locally from your local Hella agent. Go to Hella UK and drop them an email with the part number and they'll give you a quote or tell you where your nearest hella dealer is.

Though those Bosch ones do look rather nice! :)