Telescopic Mast Bracket (Upper One)

Radio Equipment, Generators, Decontamination gear....
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Telescopic Mast Bracket (Upper One)

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Does anyone have access to a TEL80 (or 78, i guess they are the same) with mast bracket in situ? I could do with a few close up detail shots to try and make a copy! :D If anyone gets access to one of these in the near future (probably Roland as he gets all of the good gadgets to look at! :mrgreen: ) would you mind taking a few pictures for me? There's a beer in it for the lucky photographer!!

Cheers

John

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Telescopic Mast Bracket (Upper One)

Post by rolandrat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 pm

It will take me a few days to provide you with the required pics as I'm very busy at the mo.

The mast brackets of the 78 and 80 are a bit different BTW.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks, Roland, no rush, whenever you get a chance. I didn't realise they were different...strange! The later one must have been an improvement on the earlier one maybe?

Cheers

John

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:13 am

Alright then, here the pics of the TEL 80 bracket also made by HIRSCHMANN. Hope this helps.

The only improvement in contrast to the 78 was a simpler black one-piece keep-off rail. This sample obviously was broken once and re-welded eccentrical, dabblers.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks Roland those pictures are great!! I didn't realise that the main part is a casting! That's a bit more difficult to copy. I'll have to have a think on that! Maybe replacing the cast piece with an all welded steel one?

Just in case, what is the best thing to search for on ebay.de to try and look for one? See i'm giving up making one already!

J

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Yep, the main part is a casting and difficult to copy. A CNC machine could to the job, but that's very expensive.

The only spare I have is the black frame which connects the main part to the vehicle.

Search terms:

HIRSCHMANN - Masthalter - Masthalterung - Mastbügel - Mastklammer - Mastschelle - Funkmasthalter - Funkmasthalterung - Funkmastbügel - Funkmastklammer - Funkmastschelle - Schiebemasthalter - Schiebemasthalterung - Schiebemastbügel - Schiebemastklammer - Schiebemastschelle - Schiebemast - Schima

Will send HIRSCHMANN an email to find out, if it's still available. The mast itself ain't.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Cheers Roland, nothing on there at the mo, i went through all of HIRSCHMANN and not one of those.

True about getting one machined from a block, it would be a bit pricey!

I don't hold out much hope from Hirschmann but you never know! They could have a shelf somewhere with a few on it just getting dusty!

:)

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

You were right John, no reply at all from HIRSCHMANN (they are US owned now).

Just gave it another try.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:17 pm

HIRSCHMANN replied after all:

the Schima 100 has been replaced by two modern masts and the bracket ain't available anymore. They recommend to ask a metalworker to make it.

Well then, it was worth a try.