Table retainer strap - KatS TEL80

Radio Equipment, Generators, Decontamination gear....
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Table retainer strap - KatS TEL80

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm

I just noticed the metal fittings on the wall that line up either side of the table. Was there originally a strap to retain the table in the folded position?? If so, was it rubber with hooks each end? Does anyone have a picture of one of these?? Or a spare one :D

John

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Table retainer strap - KatS TEL80

Post by rolandrat » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 am

A table retainer strap ought to be there (see Begleitheft page 7, pic 4), actually I never saw one ever ...

I suppose, that it wasn't supplied at all. That's strange, as the snapped in folded table is likely to uncouple and annoy. :evil:

The Begleitheft of the FüKW-TEL 81 mentions an 'elastisches Befestigungsseil' i.e. elastic fastening rope but provides no pic. I guess, a standard rubber strap will do the job.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Nice one Roland, actually i think that is EXACTLY what was supplied, maybe in plain black. If you look carefully at that TEL80 manual image, there is one of these and it looks to be hooked on to the left hand loop.

I was thinking it would be one of these rubber straps with pressed metal hooks on each end like the one that holds the Frako PSU/fuel can, cable drums down. But it is far simpler!

Thanks again Roland, i'm off to the car accessory shop! 8-)

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 pm

After my test drive with the table moving about on corners i decided to find and fit the bungee strap i had bought to replace the missing one. The run down to Vanfest was table rattle free! An essential accessory this!