Cab table

Discuss KatS or not KatS interiors here
custardbomb
EVW Addict
Cab table

Post by custardbomb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Does anyone have any pics and sizes of the small table that clips to the dashboard, as I would like to try and replicate one so pics of the brackets as well and how it clips to the partition would be helpful.

Thanks

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Cab table

Post by rolandrat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Chris, I also made two pics of the cab 'table', actually a clipboard with two clips and pen holes. Measurements 40 x 40 x 1.6 centimetres.

It doesn't clip to the bulkhead (where it is just slided-in for storage) but to the dashboard, passenger's side. The according pins are similar to the metal armrest pins in the rear compartment but in contrast to them plastic ones and likely to break. :(

Blurred again, I hate this ALDI camera ... []<O

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Thank you Roland,

Thats extremely helpful, and I don't want to seem rude by asking but would you be able to take the time when you have an opportunity to photograph the brackets on the dashboard for me please? Then I have some shopping for the brackets and clipboard clips, which I am sure I can find something similar, though I think finding some matching wood will be a little bit harder, so a challenge for me :D

I always wondered how this was stored with the wooden panel on the bulkhead, as there are not many photos of these items in the wild.

Thanks again,

Chris

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 am

It doesn't make much sense to photograph the dash brackets, as the result would be blurred. :(

Your enquiry pushed me to find out the maker anyway, one of my pins is broken, see 2nd pic above. No luck yet.

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Good evening Roland,

Thanks again, I will have a look through my Trigano and Movera service catalogues to see if I can find something that may be a suitable alternative as the brackets are similar to door retainers we use.

I will keep you posted.

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 pm

I've found the following bracket through Trigano which I think is pretty similar, ignore the price as Trigano do set retail prices high and many trade prices are low.

http://www.trigano-service.com/produit. ... od=X801025

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Not exactly the same but pretty similar indeed. That should do. Good find! I had no luck yet.

Especially the dash brackets look different, hard to see