KatBed (tm) projekt!

Discuss KatS or not KatS interiors here
Dubmatix
Site Admin
KatBed (tm) projekt!

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 pm

I've been looking at the feasibility of making the original bench backrests removable...and then having a little fold up frame that they can sit on between the the seats to create a bed base. It looks doable and i think even i (6'3") can fit on it without curling up in a ball so could be useful for travelling! Not finalised catches etc yet but working on it. Will post further thoughts on this here. And yes, additional foam pads would be used on top of this for a decent level of comfort! :D

John

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Bench Seats

Post by rolandrat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:49 pm

My mate Grant from Scotland created a similar solution to sleep in his FüKW-TEL 80.

Shall I ask him for info/pics?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: Bench Seats

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Roland, that would be great if you don't mind! It would be good to see how others have done it! Thanks Roland! :D

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: KatBed (tm) projekt!

Post by Dubmatix » Sun May 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks to Grant for sending those. I have found some fittings that will allow the backrest to be detachable. I will post some pictures later in the year when i start experimenting with them. We're currently using the airbed (repaired in Germany with a bike puncture repair kit, a rubber glove and some UHU) and tent.

Cheers

John