Seat belts

Discuss KatS or not KatS interiors here
cutback2
Seat belts

Post by cutback2 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 am

Type 2

Sorry, I'm new to this and posted it in "for sale" section - apologies if I've messed anything up.

I've just bought a Type 2 KATS (for sale by Karljinksy in this area) and want to mount seatbelts. I can see some screw in mountings of wha may be part fo 3-point mountings for the front facing rear seats, but (a) position looks odd and (b) can't see where the "lap" part would bolt to. Also can't see where there are any mountings for a middle lap belt.

Any suggestions please (clean!)

Also because of advice re not buying secondhand I was looking at JustKampers sets, any other advice?

Thanks

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: Seat belts

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Welcom to the clan!
Ok, will take some pictures on Saturday for you. that should give you an idea of how they were originally.
Basically the only reason not to use second hand is in case of it being strained in an accident or getting them from an unknown source.
But if you want a set of KatS bus belts that came out of a Surfcarrots bus which has not been crashed (at least not to the point of mashing up the bodywork as it is dead straight) then i have them and you are welcome to them on the understanding that if you don't fit them then you give them back to help someone else out. :mrgreen:

cutback2

Post by cutback2 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 am

Hi John - I went ahead and ordered 2x3point and 1xlap belt from JK before seeing your post (dammit!) and at the moment I'm scrathcing my head over how to fit those - I think I need to remove all the cabinet work behind the rear seats for a start plus the thread in the underseat mountings seems to be smaller so I need to source suitable nuts for them (toughened I guess?). I'll see if I can get those mounted then I may come back to you re 2 for the rear facing seats - but v. grateful for the offer anyway

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 pm

No problem, let me know if you change your mind. Sorry i didn't take pictures that weekend and now i have my bus wedged in the corner of the garage with the windscreen out and all masked up and covered in sheets (and the sliding door against the wall!) so she's currently immobile until i have finished this work but if you still need pics in a couple of weeks, i should be done by then and be able to take some.
If you need bolts from this set of belts then let me know and i'll see what i have.
Regards

John

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 am

If only I had known I would have taken some detail shots of the THW Mühlacker van ...

Nevertheless one can check the interior pics in the 'General Discussion - Unbelievable crash' thread for rough reference.

cutback2

Post by cutback2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:04 am

Hi thanks for offers of help after more searching I've found the mouting points hidden behind curtain bunching! so I'm in process of fitting and I've got a couple more Just Kampers belts so all match - but grateful for the offers thanks

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu May 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Interested to know how you got on with the seatbelt mounting Cutback...