Front Seats - Restuffed!

Discuss KatS or not KatS interiors here
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Front Seats - Restuffed!

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:30 pm

After suffering for so long on collapsed horse-hair seat bases, i tried to get replacements but the great looking ones available from Wolfsburg West aren't available easily over here. I had a look around and found the TMI foam ones and gave them a go! Well they are soo much better, definitely worth doing! It might not last as well as the coconut matting types but they seem fine and the seats have lost their sag and long journeys will be much more bearable!

surfcarrot
EVW Addict

Re: Front Seats - Restuffed!

Post by surfcarrot » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:02 pm

my seats are a bit 'springy' on your jacksy and was thinking of replacing with sisal type ones that i read about in a mag somewhere. any ideas where sell these?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

That mag...was it the Volksworld Keeping your Bus alive? That's where i got wind of the TMI products too! The sisal is a spring topper which stops the springs pushing into your new foam pad. You could just put a few layers of sisal in but it wouldn't look so good.
I put extra Sisal in as the springs seemed to have sagged a bit. Then fitted the foam pads. I didn't take any pics of the process but i have had beetle seats apart before so i'm quite familiar with the way they are put together.

I'll post a pic of the restuffed seats shortly!

Craig, if you do decide to do this and want a hand or advice, just ask. :mrgreen:

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

PS I got my TMI stuff from VW Heritage. They do the pads and the sisal in large sheets.