Stanton Ironworks Visit

Taken your Emergency VW to some exotic location, post some pics of your adventures here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Stanton Ironworks Visit

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:56 pm

A local ironworks which was essentially a small town has recently been winding down and the last furnace was removed a year or so ago. The was a lot of infrastructre, lots of complex railway layout, training buildings, and a fire station... (:D
Well the fire station is alongside the main road and still easily accessible with an in-out access so an opporunity arose as i passed by with the van that i couldn't resist. This is a relatively new building compared to many on the site.

This was last summer but i had forgotten i had taken it until i was reviewing some pictures so i thought i'd share.

...i wonder what old vehicles may lurk in behind those doors!

:shock: 8-)

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Stanton Ironworks Visit

Post by rolandrat » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:06 pm

A very nice location for an EVW photoshoot indeed! :) ()

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Any old fire appliances still lurking behind those doors ? :o

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:07 pm

:lol: ok I see you also thought about that possibility in your first post. What will they do with that site ?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 pm

:D Like minds think great...or something like that! Yes, there are no gaps in the doors to look through however, i did check as curiosity got the better of me. (:D A large proportion of the land is earmarked for housing apparently. This bit sits across from the main office building which is still used by the current owners of the works which used to make iron/steel pipes and manhole/drain covers. They use a large area for storage of plastic and concrete pipe sections (upto 6 - 8 feet in diameter). It's owned by St Gobain now. I think the short term future of this and some of the other good condition buildings from this era will be ok and survive for a good few years yet.