Driving and enjoying a KatS vehicle

Taken your Emergency VW to some exotic location, post some pics of your adventures here.
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Driving and enjoying a KatS vehicle

Post by rolandrat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 am

Actually no big tour, but I really enjoyed to drive this FuKW 78 to the MOT station to apply for a H-plate i.e. historic vehicle. The owner wanted an expert, who can explain facts and circumstances and it flew through. ;)

When I stopped adjacent to a tobacco shop I found a decent place behind a Mexico Beetle :D. Thumbs up by the elderly lady driver!

It's a comparatively rare '78 model from the Malteser Hilfsdienst (relief service of the Order of Malta) converted to a basic campervan with a mix of T2a and T2b Westi parts. The 6" rims with 205 tyres are looking awesome, sliding windows and a glazed tailgate with jailbars are OK, the raped PAULCHEN bike rack with its fixing brackets, well then ... :shock:

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: Driving and enjoying a KatS vehicle

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:24 am

This is an ex Malteser FuKW? Nice, i don't think i''ve seen one of those before. Those wheels do look rather good, a nice upgrade!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Driving and enjoying a KatS vehicle

Post by rolandrat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:44 am

They are quite rare, most of them FuKW 78s went to the Feuerwehr or THW.

My first one (an '78 model, too) had been a Malteser vehicle and ended up at a Feuerwehr; they resprayed it in red outside. I have a pic of its former livery, where the heck is it?