Feuerwehr wedding

Where do you take your EVW? The shops? Work? Camping? What do you use it for? Let's see those extremes!
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Feuerwehr wedding

Post by rolandrat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Feuerwehr vehicles are not only for emergencies.

Not mine and no VW, but I don't want to keep back this pics from a comrade's wedding last Saturday.

A convertible is a must when it comes to a wedding /\:)

The convoy leading vehicle arrives on the spot

It's our LF (= Löschgruppenfahrzeug) 8/6. Note the plush dragon on the dashboard. Like many other fire brigades we are selling them mascots for fundraising. 'Grisu' = Italian for 'firedamp' is the protagonist in a 70s Italian cartoon series. Instead of spitting fire he wants to become a firefighter ...

It was up to me to drive our LF!

Unloading the 2-piece ladder

Setting it up in front of the church portal \:)/

The bridal pair walks through

Oops, not the safest means to take photos e:(

'Does it bring ill luck to walk through a ladder then?'

Getting ready for the convoy

Blue lights on but where are the convoy flags?

abusbro
EVW Addict

Re: Feuerwehr wedding

Post by abusbro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Liking the pics Roland, were they taken in your town or one near by? Looks like they had good weather for their wedding day, always a plus /\:)

Hope there were no fires that day as it seems the fire engine was missing from the station and all the firemen were drinking champagne :lol:

Is it possible to buy one of those Grisu mascots from your Feuerwehr?

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:24 pm

The pics were taken in our town but not our village!

This requires a little background: the city of Weinstadt was founded 1975 in the course of an administrative reform throughout Western Germany. It actually consists of five villages, Beutelsbach, Endersbach, Großheppach, Schnait and Strümpfelbach. The pics were taken in Endersbach, as our comrade - who on the other hand is serving in Strümpfelbach - is living there.

No probs with the fire engine missing from the station. We had our operation garments in the cab and the pagers in our pockets anyway. As for the champagne, well, we didn't overdo it ... ;)

In case of farther trips or garage stopovers we just type 'status 6' i.e. 'unavailable' in the radio handset and the central office in Waiblingen will alarm neighbour Feuerwehrs if need be. All five Weinstadt villages have their own fire brigade which can assist our remaining Magirus tanker.

Yes, one can buy Grisu mascots from our Feuerwehr. They are 6 Euros plus shipment. We bought a big carton full of them. 1 Euro per piece went to the Gustav-Binder-Feuerwehr-Foundation, which helps firefighters in need. /\:)

chatterdale

Post by chatterdale » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 am

Can we still buy these cuddly dragons.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes, for sure!

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I wouldn't mind a couple too! Can you bring some ot Busfest Roland?