Wein, Kunst und Musik - Oldtimer-Meile

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Wein, Kunst und Musik - Oldtimer-Meile

Post by rolandrat » Sun May 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Whitsunday saw our local wind orchestra's annual 'wine, art (there's a sculpture trail) and music' event in the vineyards. Four vineyard cottages, two winepresses, one estate and one bakehouse are offering wines and food, the orchestra is driving along on the loading bay of a LT. Footsore people can take a 'train' looking as nearly as old as Stephenson's Rocket.

Like two years before (why didn't I post pics? e:( ) they additionally had a 'vintage vehicles mile' and it was up to me again to be the coordinator on the spot. Weather forecast wasn't as good but it luckily didn't pour down as much as today. :{:)

Gunther's Asia Bus and a Jag

Gunther's panel van and a '64 Chevy Impala. The owner actually is in Beetles and wanted to avoid a VW backlog :oO

The truck row: our Feuerwehr Magirus, a '65 Merc provided by the Wörth plant and a T2b single cab

A '57 Opel Kapitän ...

... towing a '74 Eriba Puck

Not a WESTFALIA James Cook but a WEINSBERG conversion

The farm tractor row: a Porsche (the slowest way to drive one :lol: ), a Hanomag, an Allgaier (Porsche predecessor), a Holder and another Hanomag

'77 crewie

The ultimate crowd puller was this '64 Samba, what else?

The Chevy had to leave early, the gap has been filled with a WESTFALIA Berlin, the T2b on the right is a rare GRAWO conversion

Audi Urquattro

Type 3 Variant and Karmann Ghia

Velosolex and Kreidler

A final shot of the truck row. The rain didn't stop anymore and I did it under the cover of a carport

As some people (especially with convertibles) left due to the rain I couldn't make pics of a Beetle, an Austin Healey and a Fiat. Also missing is a 50s Opel Olympia and another WESTFALIA T2b.

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Re: Wein, Kunst und Musik - Oldtimer-Meile

Post by custardbomb » Sun May 26, 2013 4:50 pm

It's been glorious sunshine today, so watching all the cars drive by on the way to our local beach was frustrating! England seems to be sadly missing such events as this and we are missing out. An impressive range of vehicles in your photos, and what a lovely caravan thanks to Erwin Hymer, who has now sadly passed away :( Whats Gunther do, as I can't quite make out the sign writing on the side of the van?

Is Magirus one of your current service vehicles?

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Mon May 27, 2013 6:24 pm

That certainly is an impressive array of vehicles!!! 8-)

Particularly love the single cab!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu May 30, 2013 4:02 pm

As there is no pic at hand I'm using one of the BREKINA models ordered by Gunther.

'Motor vehicle technology and engine construction' - the official name of Gunther's side BUSiness.

The next line needs no translation.

'Spare parts, new and used'.

The name of our home village located in the Rems valley.

The door signwriting furthermore tells us, that he is a car mechanic with a master degree.

The panel van itself doesn't look like but is an EVW \:)/ ! A remarkable former Bundeswehr vehicle, obviously from the military counterintelligence in immaculate unrestored condition. Very rare is the self-locking rear axle.

The '79 Magirus actually still is in service, the oldest vehicle of Feuerwehr Weinstadt's fleet. Not least by means of Gunther's support, who keeps it running.

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Thats pretty cool to have a model made after your vans! /\:)

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 pm

8-) great pics - thanks - have to agree, the single cab is stunning

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:38 am

To satisfy all you single cab lovers an additional pic of the two blue commercial vehicles made ready for the show in the winepress.

A 'warm welcome'!

The '73 single cab's 1st owner was a professional firefighter (:D , furthermore a cider maker and beekeeper. It was very hard for him to part with the T2 ('Half of my life!' :cry: ) and despite a better offer Gunther got it, as he promised to restore it. Two NOS dropsides could be sourced, the starting signal for the resto. Finally a good used rear dropside has been found at Vanfest, even more expensive than the others altogether! e:(

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Oh Roland, you do spoil us!!! 8-)

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 pm

/\:)