Midlands Aircooled Collective/ T4 T5 Forum Lunch Meet

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Midlands Aircooled Collective/ T4 T5 Forum Lunch Meet

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Our local Facebook based Aircooled group and the T4/T5 group had a joint meet at the lovely riverside pub, The Unicorn Hotel in Gunthorpe, Nottinghamshire on Sunday. The sun shone, (non of that :{:) ) and everyone in the meet got discount Sunday carvery vouchers...bonus...the food was good!
Lots of VW, Porsche, Tractor and even Stationary engine chat...(anyone want a Lister D?! :D )

Vicky has a new long (76cm) aerial on the middle mount, just like when she was in service. /\:)

The Blue 356 is a Chesil replica but is the only surviving Chesil built, 911 engined version. The only other one built was written off shortly after completion...i wonder why :lol: It sounded lovely!!

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: Midlands Aircooled Collective/ T4 T5 Forum Lunch Meet

Post by lmpd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 am

Looks like a great turnout with a splendid cross-section!!! :D

Did you get anymore pics of the trekker??? 8-)

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Well i did get a few, still on my phone but here's a few more from the group. Not sure what this is...but i like it! Kemperink?

This is one of THAT trekker

And this is the other one which you may remember was parked outside the pub in my Crich pictures from 2011...(if you have an extemely good memory!)

He has a LOT of accessories on this, including the Russian antenna, made from lots of bone shaped steel pieces end to end with a wire threaded through them such that when the wire is put under tension, the thing becomes semi rigid, release the tension on the wire and the whole thing can roll up in your pocket. V cool! :D ...oh and a replica panzerfaust...think i mentioned that before.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm

One more...some of the T4s and 5s

a very low KG

We all arrived in convoy so i put the blue light on as we pulled off the road and had a play with the sirens to "help" the parking marshals :) (:D

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank you John, I am a sucker for a Trekker!!! 8-)

The top pic is a Jurgen - a South African coachbuild!!! :geek: