Busfest September 7th - 9th 2012 - Pics

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Busfest September 7th - 9th 2012 - Pics

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:09 pm

A brief review for now (using phone!)...as mentioned we were a bit thin on the ground this year and alternative display schedules were discussed to make for something different in there so whether we actually have the opportunity to display next year has been called into question. Free entry is a very generous perk for the small amount of effort (albeit at 9am!) required to get your van in for the day.
Anyway 2012, the vans we had were well turned out and in nice and early ready for the hall opening. Here's a snap i got early on:

As usual there was a steady stream of people taking an interest in them.
Unfortunately Neil's lovely panel van suffered a seized brake caliper and could not be fixed in time. e:(
Roland brought out some Grisous (dragon mascot of the of the Feuerwehr) so i got one for Vicky.

Enjoyed the rest of the show too..Syncrolympics was fun and there was a lovely military splittie in the show and shine.....an ex REME parts bus....opening side hatch and metal drawers....kinky.

On the subject of Roland and Jutta....if anyone else would like to join us in South Wales.this week, we're on the Gower and they are in Pembrokeshire...almost an EVW camp out?!! :)
Chilly this eveninv mind...now where's my beer...cheers!
Here's the view an hour ago...

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Re: Busfest September 7th - 9th 2012 - Pics

Post by custardbomb » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Evening John, nice to hear you your back safely from the show, I hope it was great and you all enjoyed yourself despite the low turnout. Was the rest of the show good? Will be great to see more photos when those who were able to attend get an opportunity, the your first snap of the day isnt displaying however.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

Well we're sort of on our way back...not quite there yet. (:D

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:05 pm

So how did the show cope with the change from Vanfest to Busfest - were there any noticeable differences???

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Well it was situation normal though i had a wander round the open stalls in the evening which was a good atmosphere, i didn't see any of the evening entertaiment so can't comment on that. Weather was great and the trader i know there said she had a good weekend saleswise. Camping was busy as usual but we managed to get a roadside spot which was pretty nice...and that was arriving at 10 pm! So yes there was less of the penned in feel and good sfuff laid on for the little ones too. We also had a couple of emergency vw owners writing down the forum link so maybe a few new members here too.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 am

Recently returned from our Pembrokeshire trip and many posts to reply to!

To give it a start a similar view to John's at Abercastle Bay

We had no beer but cider and rum Tue evening ...

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Just love that first pic, thanks ! Any more photos or story of that early bay window ambulance ? Did the current owner install the Westfalia side louvre window ? 8-)

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Jolas, not sure, but the owner is a member on here, pm or email "campervanjohn" and let us know as it's an interesting question! I'll stick some more pics up when i've downloaded them from my phone. Been removing the wiring loom from my bug tonight. Need to label the cables into the fuse box to aid reassembly.... e:(

Roland, looks like a cracking spot! cider and rum, an interesting mix! :lol: I think Wednesday night was the coldest last week...about 5C 6-[ Though the beer coat helped! :lol:

John