The Griffins Head Classic Car Night - Midsummer

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
The Griffins Head Classic Car Night - Midsummer

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

This is a meeting every two weeks in the summer in Papplewick,Nottinghamshire, about 20 mins from me. It used to be monthly but has recently gone to fortnightly...anyway not taken anything before but as the weather looked to be ok, it's midsummer and for a change, no :{:) , I thought i'd go along with the local aircooled group. It turned out to be the busiest that anyone could remember. Bonus! \:)/

So here's a few pics.

Back to the future! 3 Deloreans not often you see that!

A functional non rusted Maestro Van... a very rare and retro cool car!

It was busy!

And of course Vicky

It was a good night with a really good mix of cars and people....from Lambos to Mescherschmitts...(which i didn't get round to photographing as they had left when i went back.
And as for misdsummer...all those that attended Stonehenge to await the sunrise the following day got well and truly soaked as the rain rolled in during the night. :{:)

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: The Griffins Head Classic Car Night - Midsummer

Post by lmpd » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Great pics John, certainly an interesting mix of vehicles!!!

As for Solstice, we're not that far away, couldn't go because I was at work until 4.00am, but I was watching the rain all night with nothing but pity for the poor souls that braved it!!!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:02 pm

A cool mix of vehicles, thanks for sharing! /\:)

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 pm

No problem. A guy i work with went to stonehenge and spent most of the time in his car. And the "sunrise" was a little disappointing ...it just got lighter grey and the rain carried on :{:) . He didn't hang around very long.

It was nice at the car meet though...but i still bottled it when putting the mast up. Left 2 sections down as i couldn't guy it out as it was too busy! My guy ropes are green and i had no tapes to tie to it.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:54 am

As the HIRSCHMANN wasn't designed especially for KatS FukWs and FüKWs the manual recommends to leave the 1st i.e. top section down for safety reasons, even when guyed. So you weren't too wrong. ;)

Your green ropes are the correct ones but barely visible, that's right.