Bulldog- und Oldtimerfreunde Schmiden 20th anniversary

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Bulldog- und Oldtimerfreunde Schmiden 20th anniversary

Post by rolandrat » Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Last weekend saw the 20th anniversary of our local farm tractor and vintage car club.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend it all day long, as I was involved in the 125th anniversary of Feuerwehr Weinstadt-Endersbach. In contrast to Schmiden it was nothing special, a ray of hope was the presence of two English Vanfest mates who showed up by chance. The only interesting vehicle was Endersbach's decommissioned '64 Merc which has been restored for this event.

A few VWs spotted at the Schmiden anniversary:

Passat Mk I facelift

Derby Mk I and Type 3 Notch facelifts

A Feuerwehr Fahr?

No, but a BACHERT ex Feuerwehr TSA; it obviously climbed the Grossglockner and this was the 'beginning of the congestion' :lol:

My favourite, a '49 Büssing. Note postwar number plate valid till 1957; 'AW' = American occupation zone Württemberg, '56' = Waiblingen

As vehicle no. 6 it took part in Stuttgart's postwar clearance of rubble

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: Bulldog- und Oldtimerfreunde Schmiden 20th anniversary

Post by Dubmatix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 pm

A good selection of vehicles there....thanks for the additional tractor....it's not the first tractor to appear on this site, they seem to appear now and again /\:) Someone brings a copy of Tractor and Machinery in to work...i do pick it up from time to time, pretty good actually, i rather fancy having an old stationary engine. 8-) Ended up having a conversation about cartridge starters, used on a few old engines and on some radial aircraft engine.
Anyway i like the old Passat, you don't see many of those any more....in fact not seen one for years that shape! Same with the Derby, one of my junior school teachers used to have one of those and took a few of us hiking in the Peaks on trips a few times.

The old Merc looks good, freshly restored, is it kept at the fire station?

Postwar truck is cool, like the detail on the plates etc.

Good Pics Roland! Thanks :)

Ps nice mini too

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Yeah, they always had a small but good selection of vehicles at their triennial meeting taking place at a concrete factory.

To honour their perfectly restored club promo T1 I once showed up in my '73 T2b hitop panel van, an ex-undercover vehicle of famous GSG 9 anti terror unit. The youngster at the gate refused my admittance :-K :

'You aren't allowed to sell ice-cream on site, Sir.'

'Do I look like an Italian? Furthermore this car is older than you, clod!'

There might be even more tractors on this site soon, I still have some May Day pics to post. %(

I have a special preference for Passat Mk I facelifts since I escaped my worst car accident (guiltless) with just a whiplash. Poor Passi was scrap tho'.

My brother's 1st car was such a Derby, also went to the scrapyard after a similar situation. e:(

The Merc had been donated to Winnenden fire fighter museum in the area. Endersbach pulled it out of the shed (the museum is drowning in unrestored vehicles); one siren and one blue light were already missing. Don't think they have space for it at the fire station, but it might go into the exhibition hall now.

I wondered if someone will spot the Mini Clubman! ;)

jolas
EVW Addict

Post by jolas » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 pm

/\:) Nice pics - thanks