Dubfreeze 2012 - Sunday Feb 19th

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Dubfreeze 2012 - Sunday Feb 19th

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 pm

We had a decent representation here this year....though no bus line ups. The road outside Stafford showground was icy with a bit of snow from the night before. The sun shone 8-) but the wind was coooooold! :shock:

I went in the Golf (roads wet and heavily salted and i still haven't finished waxoyling the underside of the bus) so I couldn't do anything to help with a line up.
Bumped into Tisher early on with his bus for sale right outside the hall stopped and had a natter. Then when i was taking my bug panels back to the car, i noticed a familiar TEL80 parked 100ft away...yes it was surfcarrot and crew also with his bus up for sale. Dropped in and had a natter for a bit.

Then whilst wandering around i came across the other Cuxhaven bus...and a more modern ex ambulance.

Will post some pics up in the week...i left my phone cable at work!....hmmm i could upload them to potobucket directly...we'll see!

Anyway dropped by the carrotmobile before i left had a natter and a warm up before heading back via the little cafe at the bottom of the hill in Chartley...an old petrol station. The all day breakfasts are far better there than at the little cafe oustide the main hall at the Showground. :D Recommended!

It was a pleasant day...and I got Will a Bus pillow and a 1970s matchbox poptop camper...the same as i had when i was wee!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Dubfreeze 2012 - Sunday Feb 19th

Post by rolandrat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Who hadn't the MATCHBOX camper? Is it the blue or yellow one?

Still got my blue one! Bought it with my pocket money. As I was a bit too old to play with it it's still in mint condition. A proof of early Bay Window obsession! :roll:

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Oh wow you had one too, that was back in the day when the UK had a manufacturing capability and exported stuff! :lol:

It was the yellow one with the orange roof....and when new had little wave type decals on the rear wings. I saw one of those boxed today going for £30. I bought an unboxed one for him to play with.
I was told that the blue ones (with the fuel filler flap) are the rarer ones! So would be worth more. /\:)
Ok here's some pics uploaded from my phone straight to photobucket. the wonders of modern tech...

I convoyed down with a couple of local dubbers who were also in their watercooleds...Gary from Dubdayz and Matt (also from that club). So that was a Mk II Golf GTI, a T4 (with hand stencilled paint job) and a Golf 5.

It was cold when we arrived but the sun was shining

Tishers bus pulling in the punters

Also for sale...nice Type 4 with a nnice plate...would you rub 'em?

And a pimped 181

Nice ex Ambulance (think i may have posted this one in the past!)

The OTHER Cuxhaven bus!

Oh and "I wanna be a shorty hippy...."

This is the cafe...mug of tea, nice all day breakfast and watch the world go by.

Now for some reason i forgot to take a pic of Craigs bus in the sunshine...someone will have to help me out with that.

VW T25 Feuerwehr
EVW Addict

Post by VW T25 Feuerwehr » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 am

Looks good, really wanted to come up but bit far from Bournemouth for a day!

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 pm

You can camp over there now as you can see in the pics...but take your 4 season sleeping bag! It was pretty early when we got there (830) so it was pretty quiet...it filled up quickly though and the field across the road!

surfcarrot
EVW Addict

Post by surfcarrot » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

we got spotted at dubfreeze!