Vanfest 2011 Pics

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
Dubmatix
Site Admin
Vanfest 2011 Pics

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Ok, we haven't sorted our photos out yet, not that we took many but hey! Great to see everybody again and catch up and to meet some new forum members too! /\:) Thanks to Roland and Simon for sorting out entry for everyone and also to whoever decided to put " Sponsored by the EVW Gruppe" on the display plaques! Fab! /\:)

We only had a brief glimpse of the show today so i look forward to seeing some of your pics on here. William enjoyed his first trip in the bus (he slept a lot) and to the show. I think his favourite part was lots of attention and too many things to look at!
Vicky ran well on what was her longest run at sustained speed so far since back on the road (4 days!). The tailwind on the way home helped.

If i spoke to you at Vanfest and you are looking to add your bus to the 'Register of Brunn converted buses' which is basically a list of buses seen/owned by members of the group. The list is here http://kats.thebughaus.co.uk/kats/viewforum.php?f=35 just post info/pics on your bus in the correct one. If you are not sure just drop me a PM.

John, Jenn and William

Edit I borrowed these taken by Chrisradioman and posted on The Late Bay
The Sunday display....
John M's

Mine

Marks

Neils
Images

Petes

Gunthers

and plenty of others of the show...
one of my faves that i saw whilst having a wander was the blue stripey late bay...very groovy!
Missed the brown one though.
I liked the hand decorated splittie with the dog cupboard...(which was pretty surreal!). After Lisa showed us the pics, we had to try and find it! :D No pics of that yet.
Will loved the show especially as he could wear his EVW shirt!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: Vanfest 2011 Pics

Post by rolandrat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:27 am

We didn't take many photos either. :(

The only EVW was this '72 ex-Feuerwehr T2a/b manned by two hippie girls; spotted en route to Vanfest in the Palatinate Forest.

This time we showed up in a campervan, a mate's '79 Helsinki. The VW roundel is orange at least! ;)

A set of blue lights spotted in the traders area

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Nice pics Roland. You should have thrown the hippie girls a flyer! :) I like your borrowed bus! Similar colour to my bug (lofoten Green?) On the last pic I had to look up "rabbits" but the rest i understood... %( :lol:

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:25 am

We only gave them a broad wave on a dual carriageway stretch, oops ... e:(

The colour of the Bus is taigagrün L 63 H. In many English-language VW printings it's called Sage Green tho'.

My own Helsinki is nearly the same, same colour, same age, similar mileage, similar state i.e. in need of resto.

Don't think the sticker refers to the blue lights but I couldn't help to include it. :lol: