Freiwillige Feuerwehr Waiblingen 150th anniversary

Been to a show big or small, post your pics here.
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Freiwillige Feuerwehr Waiblingen 150th anniversary

Post by rolandrat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Last weekend the Feuerwehr of our county town Waiblingen celebrated 150 years of service with a 4-day festival and Sunday jubilee parade.

The historic marketplace was a suitable location for a classic fire engine display

We could spot two VWs. This Splitty is the one which was missing at the Schorndorf show!

Once belonged to Feuerwehr Plüderhausen. Now in private hands. As semaphores had to be replaced in July 1963 at the latest, these aftermarket bust indicators were fitted

Same on the rear end. Due to simplicity later VW rear lights were used. A bit confusing is the 1957 plate. Another one saying '1955' is stored inside the van ...

Oops, one hubcap got lost!

2nd VW, Feuerwehr Schorndorf's T3 MTW spotted in a car park. Nice coincidence, a T2 Westi was parked nearby!

Not to forget this current KatS vehicle, Feuerwehr Backnang's '01 ABC-ErkKW, MOSOLF conversion, one of 371 Fiat Ducatos ordered instead of the VW syncros :(

That's how Florian Backnang 1/91 looks inside, modern times

It's the successor of Backnang's FüKW-TEL 80, in the UK since 2001

There were also some modern fire engines on the spot. This Merc Econic has a cab originally designed for rubbish trucks!

Not just fire engines like this Unimog around. The cops used the opportunity to represent themselves

They also brought a Trabant, driven by this pretty policewoman. 2-stroke air-cooled engine

Note historic GDR number plates. The Trabi is a fake though

In more suitable GDR Volkspolizei livery. Not sure, if it's a fake, too. The Vopos used to drive bigger cars like Wartburgs and Ladas

Now then the parade. Classic Magirus ladder

Feuerwehr Remseck's BMW bike. The driver mixes old and new uniform parts

The BMW is followed by another air-cooled vehicle, a Deutz farm tractor

Vintage uniforms or dessous?

Like many others our Feuerwehr took part in the parade. Headed by the youth

Followed by the marching band :(/

The rank and file

Under the city wall tower

Magirus ladder and Merc fire engine

Show photos courtesy of Jutta Gogolla

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: Freiwillige Feuerwehr Waiblingen 150th anniversary

Post by lmpd » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 pm

cool pics roland, love the trabant - even if it's a fake :D

abusbro
EVW Addict

Post by abusbro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Great pics Roland, what price would you guess for the VW splitscreen if the owner was to sell? I'm saving my euros!!

I'm i correct in thinking Waiblingen is very close to where you live? Have you had an anniversary for the Feuerwher in your own town or are you due to have one soon?

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Just had a nice chat with the wife and the son of the owner on the phone. He's abroad at the mo and will contact me asap.

He also owns a T2 Feuerwehr, will try to make some pics!

Waiblingen is very close to my home indeed. The reason for our 'WN' number plates, as it is our county town. I like the fact, that it loosely reads (Vee) Dubbin' ... \:)/

Strümpfelbach had its 125th Feuerwehr anniversary in 2004, but it was nothing special. :|

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Nice pics Roland. Who is that chap that seems to appear in them all?! ;) Liking the Feuerwehr motorbike too...I don't think we have any fire bikes in the UK! :( police tractors yes, fire bikes no! :)

abusbro
EVW Addict

Post by abusbro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:52 pm

:? Er... well actually John... watch the following video clip... :oO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhAeTmCzmKM

8-)

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:50 pm

:) () Well i never! There you go then, we do! I wonder if there are any in service? Ideal for veihcle accident response especially on smaller roads with no hard shoulder. Mind you, you'd need a special slim door in the fire station. %(

And to refer back to the original post...Fiats? e:( That's just wrong eh?! You'd think a government would want to use domestically manufacured vehicles...it just makes sense. That's why i have my Volkswagen fur die Feuerwehr sticker!