MeeT Flo... My Feuerwehr

Post some photos of your EVW here and tell us about it.
cleagarr
MeeT Flo... My Feuerwehr

Post by cleagarr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I bought Flo, so named because she served the area of Florian Cloppenburg in northern Germany, 6 weeks ago and since coming back from our holidays my wife and I have been getting the internals sorted - although we love the fact she was a fire truck and don't want to ruin that, we also bought a camper for our family - us two and three littlies!

She is a 1986 Syncro with excellent bodywork and just a few suspension bits to get sorted. The previous owner converted to 15" wheels hence the spare wheel carrier.

See this link for photos of her: http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... rratt/Flo/

Prepare yourselves for lots of requests and questions over the coming weeks, months and years - we've fallen in love!!

Romans 5: 8; unconditional love.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: MeeT Flo... My Feuerwehr

Post by rolandrat » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:01 am

Cute and matching nickname, but it doesn't derive from the area; 'Florian' is the radio call-sign of any Feuerwehr vehicle followed by the name of the community (e.g. Cloppenburg) and a vehicle-related number. :geek:

Named after St. Florian, patron saint of the firefighters.

Walkie-talkies have the radio call-sign 'Florentine', the feminine form of 'Florian'.

Nice van BTW! (:D

cleagarr

Post by cleagarr » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Wow!

Thank you so much for that - my wife and I thought there was something wrong with this story (we were told this info by the previous owner) because we could not find the town on googlemaps! This is exactly why I joined the forum. /\:)

Chris
Romans 5: 8; unconditional love.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Evening Cleagarr
Welcome aboard! Glad you find the forum useful...you learn something new every day on here, it's great! \:)/ Like the pics of Flo, i do have a bit of a thing for Syncros :D Look forward to bumping into you at a show at some point. /\:)

Cheers
John

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:36 am

Hi and welcome, I too have a soft spot for a syncro. I'm sure I've seen a thread of your van making the transition from firetruck to camper........or am I imagining it???