firetruck wedding car

Post some photos of your EVW here and tell us about it.
lmpd
Super Moderator
firetruck wedding car

Post by lmpd » Sun May 02, 2010 5:30 pm

i gave the firetruck a polish yesterday
then delivered my mates bride-to-be to church

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: firetruck wedding car

Post by Dubmatix » Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Nice one, looking good! I found out today that i have to do the same for a friend of mine getting married in August! Maybe we should have a separate thread for EVW weddings shots! :lol:

Good job it wasn't today....its f f freeezing!

Ziegel

Post by Ziegel » Thu May 13, 2010 1:29 pm

First post, so hello!

Here's my MTW that brought my now wife to our wedding last month!

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu May 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Welcome and congratulations ! :D Nice bus, you had it long? Where is it from?

Cheers

John

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Thu May 13, 2010 10:42 pm

hello and welcome aboard :D

have you noticed how close our number plates are
makes me think its another bus bros find :geek:

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 am

Nice Bus indeed!

Seems to be from Feuerwehr Weinheim, Oberflockenbach unit!?

Pristinely donated by a local bank.

ZIEGLER conversion (the reason for your nick?).

Ziegel

Post by Ziegel » Fri May 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I was pleased to stumble over this forum the other day

Yes, it is indeed from Weinheim/oberflockenbach and was imported through the bus bros: I bought it from the 1st UK owner a couple of years ago.
Always wondered why it had advertising from a local bank on the side: do you know for sure it was donated by them?

It's a 2.1DJ, AAP gearbox, Eber heater and has done less than 60k miles I think. Horns and siren are all present and correct, but sadly the busbros removed the PA system that it originally had.

Ist UK owner ditched the rear kombi interior and lined it all in dark grey automotive carpet. He also lowered it by 60mm.

Stuff I've done to it:

I gutted the rear again and imported a saiga beige multivan interior which was fitted after a correct colour multivan headliner (Again imported from ebay.de). Dinitroled the hell out of it first, adding appropriate insulation and varpour barriers. Cab area retains the fire engine look though, with the original beige basketweave seats. I've had to leave in the dash untidy (Complete with binnacle rev counter handily calibrated to 17000 rpm!) at the moment as it covers large holes in the dash top. Hoping to find a multivan padded dash top and OE rev counter to tidy all that up.

Short term plans are to replace the M&S tyres with something less aggressive, and maybe fit some 14" syncro rims I have as they have a larger offest.

Ziegel is german for brick I think? And the conversion is indeed by Ziegler so it seemed an appropriate forum name :D

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

I think it reads 'Spende der Stadtsparkasse Weinheim' which translates 'donation done by Weinheim municipal savings bank'.

Yep, 'Ziegel' is German for 'brick' and a 'Ziegler' is a brick maker. Great forum name! :D

abusbro
EVW Addict

Post by abusbro » Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Ziegel,

Must say the van is looking great, marvellous what a 60mm drop can do for the look of a T25!

The PA system inside the van was removed by the Fire station, all that was left was the loudspeaker on the roof, as it wasn't wired up to anything we took it off. We will still have it kicking around gathering dust if you ever wanted to go down the route of putting a PA system back in.

If you look under the "Emergency VW's spotted" section and the "Road Train" thread [link here>>] http://kats.thebughaus.co.uk/kats/viewt ... ?f=9&t=206 on this forum you'll see your bus being put to good use by us in Germany. It's the middle one towing the Doka Syncro... which is now the Vanfest firetruck as it happens.

Yep very nice bus... quite nippy too being the 2.1

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Fri May 14, 2010 9:17 pm

hmmm CK must be Clitheroe (ish) area! :ugeek: ...along with RN.

Welcome aboard Ziegler, smart looking bus there!