1989 VW T3 MTW Schorndorf

Post some photos of your EVW here and tell us about it.
da verguldo
1989 VW T3 MTW Schorndorf

Post by da verguldo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi,

My name is Kris from Belgium and I'm the proud owner of the VW T3 MTW from the "Freiwillige Feuerwehr Schorndorf". It has a 1.6TD (JX) with ABH Gearbox (4 gears). I'ts my second T3. I first drove a delivery van. The vehicle was retired from duty in June 2011. I bought it from a local merchant in December 2011. Remarkable is that it's a Belgian car from origine! It has the plate from the Belgian importer "D'ieteren" as you can see in the following picture!

Because the bus was in very good shape with only 69000 original km I decided to bring her back home. With the Belgian proof of conformity it was easy to import the car in my country. It took me only 2 weeks. (Most paperworks take a long time in Belgium :roll: )

Here she is when i just brought her to Belgium.

Somewhat later I contacted the firechief from Schorndorf and he sended me some nice pictures when the bus was 'on duty' 8-)

I also spotted my bus on this forum in another topic : http://www.kats.thebughaus.co.uk/kats/v ... f=32&t=449
Nice pictures! Thanks!

In the summer of 2012 I went to france with it. It had lost it's flashing light an extra indicator lights on the rear of the roof. This was not allowed to have when the vehicle was imported. :cry:

In winter of 2013 I converted the interior to a simple camper.

After the completion of the interior it went to southern France, Barcelona and Corsica in summer 2013. A nice test for the bus and nothing went wrong!
This is in the mountains of Corsica. A great trip which i would recommend everyone! Just driving around is fantastic.

In September 2013 I went to Busfest in Malvern with a college of mine who also owned a T3:

In summer of 2014 we went to Kopenhagen and took a litte trip in the southwest of Denmark:

In september 2014 the bus was in Normandie:

In April 2014 we are planning to go to the 'Black Forest' In Germany for 6 days and in summer we are going to Italy. We'll visit Rome, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice and Lake Garda. I like to tour around with my bus. Mostly I never stay more than 3 or 4 days in the same spot.

Hope you Enjoyed!

Kind regards,

Kris

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: 1989 VW T3 MTW Schorndorf

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Welcome aboard Kris! Great pictures. I love the old photos of your bus in service, maybe you should have a trip to visit the fire station and take the bus "home". :) We did this and had a great day at Bersenbruck. You certainly get around, quite the list of places visited already. Did you keep your blue light and rear indicators?

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: 1989 VW T3 MTW Schorndorf

Post by rolandrat » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi Kris,

welcome to the forum!

It's sad to see, that the Bus I posted in the quoted thread is out of service now but great, that it has started a decent civilian life and - what is more - belongs to a forum member!

I wonder, how a vehicle of Belgian origin found its way into the German fire service. Judging by the interior colour it must have been white first.

Nice, that you kept all the stickers. Weiler/Rems is a district of Schorndorf aka The Daimler City (it's Gottlieb Daimler's birthplace). The dash sticker says 'Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly', self protection of fire fighters is above speeding. :-K. I bet this one ('Despite the special rights: caution!') is inside the windscreen:

Covered blue lights aren't allowed in Belgium? Obviously, but why the roof indicators? What about the sirens then? ;)

I agree with John and the Black Forest ain't too far from Schorndorf, which is adjacent to my home; you are cordially invited to pop in, just PM me.