Eberspächer DA6

Have a natter here.
eiret25
EVW Addict
Eberspächer DA6

Post by eiret25 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi all, hope all is well. My van is coming along nicely. It was also fitted with a Eberspächer DA6. It has never worked since I bought the can. When I turn the little green knob, I hear a relay switch clik. Then nothing for about 60-90 seconds and then the blower starts working. Any ideas guys? Much appreciated :D

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Re: Eberspächer DA6

Post by custardbomb » Thu May 01, 2014 8:59 pm

I thought mine didn't work at all as all I did was turn the knob, hear the relay click and then nothing happened, but then I found out that it only works when the factory thermostat lever has to be set to the hottest end before it will work. Perhaps the system is performing a preheat operation?

eiret25
EVW Addict

Post by eiret25 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:07 pm

custardbomb wrote:I thought mine didn't work at all as all I did was turn the knob, hear the relay click and then nothing happened, but then I found out that it only works when the factory thermostat lever has to be set to the hottest end before it will work. Perhaps the system is performing a preheat operation?
Is the factory thermostat lever one of three which are located between where the radio should go and the ignition? ie, the regular heater control switches? When the fan turns on no heat is emitted, just ambient temperature air. I was of the opinion that you should be hearting a clicking sound in the time between turning the knob and the blower engaging? I could be totally wrong

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun May 04, 2014 9:56 pm

The two red levers on the dash need to be down in the bottom (defrost) position. The position of the blue lever does not matter. There is a switch that detects the position of the red levers and it won#t fire up if the levers aren't in the right position.

Also it may be of interest that mine refused to fire yesterday evening at stanford Hall show(when it dropped really chilly after a warm afternoon) because my battery voltage was too low due to my cooler zapping my failing leisure battery. Must get a new battery sorted.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun May 04, 2014 10:02 pm

Also the clicking isn't always noticeable. (that's the fuel pump pulsing or the HT firing) When it fires, you'll notice what sounds like the deep roar of a jet engine getting louder over the top of the fan whine.

Just had mine running about an hour ago for the irst time this year as the run home topped up the battery enough to allow it to run properly. /\:) (though mine's a different model - BA6 i think). Glad it's not a problem with the heater system! 8-)

eiret25
EVW Addict

Post by eiret25 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks for the info. Will try on Thursday when I'm with the van next, fingers crossed:)