Morning!

Have a natter here.
custardbomb
EVW Addict
Re: Morning!

Post by custardbomb » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:42 pm

We've just taken a fully specced California 4motion 180bhp as a part exchange so I've been enjoying its company this afternoon; lovely van but also a lovely price tag!

With regards to my bus, im waiting to get her in the paint shop for some repairs, a colleague owes me a favour and will be changing my accelerator cable, and ill be doing some external cosmetic trim replacements such as the a pillar gutter which keep falling off due to deterioration over time although VW heritage still stock genuine replacements as well as the washer jets as one no longer seals to the body and rain water leaks into the foot well.

What battery did you get in the end John?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Sounds nice, i have mused on the idea of having our Golfs 140BHP engine in the bus, 180 would be truly bonkers 6-[ I'd like to replace the Golf with a T5 but i am struggling to get the idea signed off! :roll:

Battery choice? Well i plumped for the straight swap (with the correct terminal orientation for TEL 80) http://www.tayna.co.uk/EXV100-Endurolin ... P8705.html

I'd be interested in your recommendations for an equivalent though. (for next time!)

John

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Good evening John,

Enduroline is Tanya's own brand battery, but from a reputable supplier you shouldn't have any issues but my personal choice in a similar size to this would be the Varta LFD75.

I was taught that the case size of a battery is relative to the maximum achievable capacity, so when companies advertised higher capacities than expected to take it with a pinch of salt. I know the Enduroline is advertised as 100Ah, whereas the Varta is 75Ah so I would expect that the Enduroline is more likely to be 75Ah. My supporting argument would be that if Varta, one of the largest battery manufacturers can not offer a greater capacity than 75Ah then that would set the benchmark.

In other news, my bus is now in the paint shop for the week with lots of aesthetic jobs on the card;

Front and rear bumpers being repainted in black (thanks Roland for the colour code)
Front number plate being removed and the screw holes filled, bubble rust removed and repainted
Sliding door sill repainted
Drivers and passengers wheel arch repainted
Passenger door rust repair on bottom of door
Rear quarter panel repaired where I reversed in to trolley bay in Germany hitting aerial bracket
Then some rust dots being treated

I'll then be replacing some of the 'Feuerwehr' decals which have deteriorated and cracked.
Steel wheels will then be painted too.

Its going to be an expensive week!

I can also offer a personal recommendation for Wurth PlastiDye Black after a recommendation from a colleague of mine who used to own a body shop. It is the only product I have ever used which has done an excellent job of restoring the colour to faded black plastics. Its a trade only product but there are people selling it online.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Good morning! Well it will be in 15 minutes, and welcome back to forum users. Sorry we've been away but i guess you've all been away on your holidays anyway :{:)

Lets hear some updates from your garage!

Mine is: Beetle is nearly in primer and almost has 4 wheels again and I've just borrowed some enormous axle stands to prop up the bus whilst i do some maintenance.

Also met another firebus owner in my work car park of all places. To be fair, its a big place!

Cheers

John

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 am

This morning (proper!) it appeared to have gone again, something changed on it overnight, it was easy to correct but odd. I'll monitor it to try and suss out this teething issue. 8-)