Volksfling 2012 (Scotland)

Going to a show? Get a line up going!
spikeemikey
EVW Addict
Volksfling 2012 (Scotland)

Post by spikeemikey » Wed May 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Everyone

I trust the Spring finds you and your EVWs healthy and well?

Volksfling is on 25-27th May in Biggar, The Scottish Borders. http://www.volksfling.co.uk/

According to their website its the biggest VW show in Scotland, and very conveniently it's just down the road from me since I moved up. I shall definitely be taking Helga the T25 KatS from Neumunster and hoping to meet some local(ish) VW folks.

Since moving up I have seen a few T25s but nothing older, and the T5 crew don't seem to respond when I give the VW hand sign. Could be a cultural difference.

Anybody else likely to come? If you do go into Biggar the ice cream shop is well worth visiting.

All the best

Mike

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: Volksfling 2012 (Scotland)

Post by lmpd » Thu May 17, 2012 12:54 am

Mikey, how ya doin' fella??? (:D

Have you moved to Scotland then - or just visiting??? 6-[

If so, you have to ask - What's wrong with Cambridgeshire??? If you have gone North and I've gone South West!!! :roll:

spikeemikey
EVW Addict

Post by spikeemikey » Thu May 17, 2012 11:53 am

Hiya Impd

Yeah I have well and truly flown the coop. The van and I drove up in early March. My biggest 1-day trip of about 340 miles. Just paced myself, something like 7 hrs. It was pretty desolate coming across the A68, was down to third plenty of times despite the van being lightly loaded, and ended up on the wrong side of the road a few times, thankfully traffic minimal. The final stretch up the Tweed Valley was great.

Well my job relocated, and as I am kind of partial to hills and mountain biking it all seems good (except the rain). Was in Cambridge 13 years, had began to think I would never escape.

Not sure what the VW scene is like. LVWC - Lothians Volkswagen Club is the local club who do literally meet up the road. Apparently the van has been 'spotted' so off to meet them soon.

Guess I won't be doing Vanfest (?Busfest) this year, it's a bit of a drive but you never know ... I have to make one run to Bristol where my family are :) The West Country is my original home.

Anyone driving up through the Borders, I have space on drive for an extra T2 (or two) if you need to make a rest stop.

Cheers

Mike

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Hey Mikey! good to see you back! Wow, that's a fair old change of scenery. Don't think we'll make it this year though i did discuss wanting to go to Volksfling during this last winter...maybe we'll try an pull it in when we "finish" our Scotland trip after it got cut short in 2010.

Thanks for the offer of a brewstop. /\:) It would be great to drop in on our way up or down to say hello and catch up. How's your bus doing? You enjoying the new scenery?

Cheers

John