Stanford Hall 2012

Going to a show? Get a line up going!
VW T25 Feuerwehr
EVW Addict
Stanford Hall 2012

Post by VW T25 Feuerwehr » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi all

We are looking at the possibility of going up to Stanford on Sunday the 6th of May, anyone else going along?

We are thinking about it as although it's a fair way from us it is conveniently en route to Gassure where we will be having our LPG system fitted (:D

We will also have Monday and Tuesday to waste as the conversion takes place on Wednesday At Gassure in Chester......any suggestions of good sites things to see and do between Stanford hall and Chester (preferably free or cheap :O )

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: Stanford Hall 2012

Post by lmpd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:20 pm

I dont know if you're into mountain biking at all??? If you are, then this is the place for you :D http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... aravanSite
It is on Cannock Chase, which is home to the Follow the Dog mountain bike trail. We stayed there a couple of years ago and had a couple of days biking, then went to Stanford Hall. Bare in mind though, you need a portaloo, 'cos there are no loos on site.
I would also advise staying away from the campsite next door to Stanford Hall, it is run with military precision and not a relaxing experience at all. :(

surfcarrot
EVW Addict

Post by surfcarrot » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:10 pm

We'll be there trying to sell Tango (:D
Pop by and say hello

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:58 pm

And we'll have Vicky on the VWOC stand (Lane 1, Plot 2 according to the pass) 9am-4pm so come and say hello too! In fact if anyone wants to say hello and we're off wandering round hunting beetle parts, taking photos or wishing the German food stall was still there (why did they stop having that...the currywurst was just like those from the local imbiss!) then text/phone on 079 108 105 23.

Show EVW PMR is on 3/3 (Channel 3 with CTCSS 3). If 3 is busy with show stuff then 8/8. Our PMR Callsign: Echo Victor Whisky. (:D /\:)
I wonder if Mike is going this year? He like messing with PMR. :D

I might be operating 70cm on the mast antenna if the weather is calm...callsign M6VWB. Or maybe just enjoying the sun by the water with a picnic and an ice cream.
I'm rather looking foward to having a play with the mast (steady on!) and seeing how this guy rope set works so hope the weather is up to it.

I'll also try and remember to take stickers/flyers too! I think i might have some of the flyers left that 'carrot made.

John

<EDIT> :idea: If anyone wants to try and work out a Bus Photoshoot where we can get some together for a line up then we could do this earlier or later (preferably) but we can't get off the stand until 4 (ish) as there is a vehicle movement ban in place...unless we can cajole organisers to let us line up somewhere. We'll see, let me know if you want to try to do that and we'll try and work something out.

symcro

Post by symcro » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:10 pm

I will be there (as usual) on BUSFEST Stand. (:D

Probably wont have the Crewcab Feuerwehr with us @ Stanford Hall this time as we are giving it an upgrade/refit to get it ready for this years activities.

We hope to have it up & running again ready to start spraying wet stuff about for Stonor Park. We are aiming to be at Camperjam & Dubs at the Castle (and of course at BUSFEST as well).

For BUSFEST we would like to do a repeat run of an emergency scenario so any ideas for that or a volunteer person/van we could set light to (simulated!) would be welcome.

Simon 8-)

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Shame you won't have that with you Simon. Will drop in and say hello when we are passing. /\:)

Cheers

John

VW T25 Feuerwehr
EVW Addict

Post by VW T25 Feuerwehr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Great looks like a few of us will be there. NE~NOR will be on the 80-90 club stand so should be easy to spot.

Thanks "impd" for the suggestion, looked at it and think I shall be bringing my bike up and camping there for a couple of days. (:D

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Indeed in fact everyone's on stands it seems will drop drop in to Club 80-90 too then. Are you going to be in the Cars For Sale area too then carrot? That's the place for buying KatS buses...it's where i saw yours for sale all originally.

VW T25 Feuerwehr
EVW Addict

Post by VW T25 Feuerwehr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Dubmatix wrote:

<EDIT> :idea: If anyone wants to try and work out a Bus Photoshoot where we can get some together for a line up then we could do this earlier or later (preferably) but we can't get off the stand until 4 (ish) as there is a vehicle movement ban in place...unless we can cajole organisers to let us line up somewhere. We'll see, let me know if you want to try to do that and we'll try and work something out.
So perhaps a line up after as most of us seem to be in the no movement display areas.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes VWT25 that's what i was thinking. I have asked the organisers and they are suggesting 430 or later and i suggested somewhere nr the concours area as it has nice backdrops. Will get a contact name for the day and if anyone wants to take part then message on hereif poss please. We'll try and aim for 430 if poss so people can get away. Even if there's only two of us, it's still a line up. /\:)
Note that this INCLUDES people parked in general parking. So if you are attending and would like to take part in the 430 (ish) line up regardless of what area you are parked just reply to this thread.

I heard today that the organisers are worried about mud...i heard this from someone who lives in the neighbouring village. They are hiring in some of that ally roadway stuff apparently. So that could mess things up if it all turns to bog but we ought to try as there's a few of us there! /\:)

If only i could lay my hands on a South African ex Disaster Management bus! No worries with mud with that! But it would give me serious earache! :lol: