VanFest 2011 EVW Display!

Going to a show? Get a line up going!
Dubmatix
Site Admin
VanFest 2011 EVW Display!

Post by Dubmatix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Ok folks, it's that time of the year again. We have the green (not blue?) light for a display in the hall so sign up here! /\:) We may be able to camp in the same area as last year...not sure yet. It should be the same deal as last year for display vehicles, free entry for the weekend for those displaying their vehicle in the hall on both days. You should be able to remove them to the camping area for Saturday night if required. If you have bought your tickets already then if you want to display just sign up here, get your van in the hall and ask one of us about getting a voucher for next years gate.

As per usual, an A4 sheet or two inside your vehicle with some interesting info/history always goes down well....you never know, you might even win a trophy!

A word on security. If you plan on leaving your vehicle open, some people think this is an invitation to go inside. If you don't want this to happen, please tape off the area (see Pete!) or leave it locked up.
Also, no sirens on in the hall...it is rather loud! (Blue lights are ok).

I might have some under wiper flyers left over from last year (Craig made a load) if anyone wants a few to stick on other EVWs they see about. Else they can be printed off from the forum. Link to that thread is here...http://kats.thebughaus.co.uk/kats/viewt ... f=17&t=165

Memories of last year!

Hope you can make it!

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: VanFest 2011 EVW Display!

Post by lmpd » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Just noticed 'Emergency Vehicle Display' on the flyers.............think we're committed!!! :lol:

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Can you post on here ASAP if you intend to display in the Hall for the Emergency VW display. It will be good to get an idea of numbers for hall planning purposes. Thanks all! /\:)

Remember, entry is free for display vehicles! See first post in this thread for more info!

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Not looking good is it John - do you think you and me can make a display??? :oO

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:43 pm

[]<O Hmmm maybe if we could borrow some big mirrors we could have infinite emergency vws! Do you think they'd notice? :D

We may well be having Vincent with his Ambulance/Fire bus making a return from Belgium as he messaged me to ask about getting his gate passes...and Roland might be bringing something... not sure about busbros but that could potentially be two more!

spikeemikey
EVW Addict

Post by spikeemikey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Guys

Sorry for the quietness lately. I have been preoccupied with changing jobs. Helga the Ex-KatS Neumunster T25 is on the road. Major repair of the year (so far) was changing the front brake calipers. They got sticky from about Feb, particularly after hard breaking, so I finally replaced them this week. Quite exciting as the first time I have jacked the van, etc. It all went pretty well.

I am not sure about VanFest (yet), if I come I will be (of course) happy to join the EVW display.

Will keep you posted.

Best wishes

Mike

abusbro
EVW Addict

Post by abusbro » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Are you back on the road then John??? Otherwise i make it 1 confirmed and 4 maybe's...! We'll happily add to the list and bring 2 down for the display. /\:)
Surely with 69 members and the offer of free entry to vanfest we can do a bit better?? Thought we'd be on for beating the Camperjam and Vanfest 2010 line-up's this year?!
How's the entry working this year? Despite all Roland's great effort's last year i was greeted to blank looks on the gate, though a quick call on the walkie-talkie by the chap to Simon (Mr Vanfest) cleared things up, and we were treated like VIP's for the rest of the weekend (many thanks). Do we need to register with the Show's Display Organizer or can passes be sent though the post via this forum?
As regards any demo, health and safety (and my fear of heights rules out any use of ladders), as does the thought of trying to give Pete a fireman's lift!!! :shock: :lol:
As it's a Van show how about a campervan engine fire?? Smoke machine under a Westy's engine bay... hey presto scene set?

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Almost there...just need to commit combustion and then a bit of a tune up and set up the carbs from scratch. Bugger won't fire up though i have an oil leak from the OP relief valve cover too....easy that one, it's the drip from the flywheel end that is a concern....hopefully the seal will bed in! Else she may need to come out again to sort that out! Grrr!
Think i have sussed the problems...apart from batt going flat pumping fuel up to the carbs...then timing being too far off to fire....batt flat again....this week hopefully will have some results!
I wish i'd taken a pic today as i had the engine bay a mass of wires as i had my remote start box hooked up, hand held tacho, multimeter, additional light monitoring the OP switch, and then the Golf hooked up to the battery to give a bit of a boost! Extreme!

Also baked a cake (choclate and vanilla battenburg) and made Provencal stew in the slow cooker...yum! I have the recipe if you want to give it a try.

Anyway i want to be at VF with Vicky so will be pulling out the stops here to try to make that happen! I just need to wait for a gasket for this valve cap before i Can do more! Off Friday so hopefully more progress this week!

Good idea regarding the fire display!! Perfect! But what's this about H&S? ??? We could do a risk assessment! /\:) :twisted:

campervan*john

Post by campervan*john » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:03 pm

I would be happy to join the EVW dispaly at van Fest It is a 1972 ex ambulance. I have already bought VF Tickets Cheers John

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Nice one John, hopefully I will get there with Vicky. I had the engine out of the bus and the flywheel off, gallery plug needed sealer...i missed that one...doh! e:( Anyway back in on Sunday and connected up, and we have combustion! Ran it for 20 mins at 2000rpm to bed in the cam but the Carbs are way off correct though, the rubber connector for the servo pipe is broken and the exhaust needs another set of gaskets. Then MOT....oh and the clutch pedal mech is still sticky...

Sooo I don't think i'll get my Norfolk shakedown in for Bank Holiday weekend (Breck Farm for those that went last year to the EVW campout! /\:) ) but i should be ok for VF as long as no more problems occur.

And if that works out then we should be on for a slightly later than normal Peak District Run again! Maybe in Oct if anyone fancies it?

For Vanfest, we generally use PMR446 on channel 5 with CTCSS of 5 (79.7Hz if you have a radio that needs the freq). If anyone wishes to call on other channels such as 70cm then please do!
My PMR 446 callsign is 18-64
70cm M6VWB
Mike also dabbles with PMR and CB but i can't remember his callsign.

If you need to contact us regarding displays or just want to drop in and say hello, you can call/text me on O79 1O8 1O5 23

Cheers!

John