Djoul's presentation

Take a few moments and let the rest of the members know about yourself, your EVW and your interests.
Djoul
Djoul's presentation

Post by Djoul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello
I'm Djoul from France...

I'm not yet an emergencyvw owner...
but I hope one day I'll have a complete t2a Krankenwagen (69 will be perfect for me) :O

waiting for this grail , I'm going to make a fake ambulance from a 71 base I have...
This replica will not been a perfect replica, bu much more in a spirit of the original...
(the bus is a walk-thru, which is incompatible with a real Krankenwagen)

so, since a few years, I'm collecting specifics parts for this project, for the moment I have:
ambulance cabin fans and knob
ambulance roof ventilation and knob
ambulance blue-light (from a T3) and knob
ambulance red-cross light & knob
ambulance siren and relay and knob
complete ebershpacher BN4
and some other stuffs...
for the exterior aspect, it principally miss me the retractable step, tow hooks and specific glasses (I only have one vent wing)

i'll try to put pictures as soon as I can....

ps: I also have a 1969 sunroof deluxe, a 1968 bug (1300) and my wife have a 1974 westy and a 1979 convertible (1303) ;)
Last edited by Djoul on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A BUS

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Re: Djoul's presentation

Post by custardbomb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Hello Djoul,

Welcome to our forum! This sounds like a thorough, and well thought out project and I am looking forward to seeing photos of your progress as you get going with this. I really like the fact you are doing your utmost to ensure you use original parts from the era in which they were used. Its a project I wouldnt know where or how to start with, so your a braver person than I am.

Your home must be like small car park, I could only dream of owning so many VW's!

Chris

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Djoul and welcome to the site. It is certainly a fascinating project you've embarked on. If you could post us some photos of your van and again when you do any bits and bobs - it could make an interesting thread and archive for yourself!!! (:D

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:16 pm

^^^ What they said! :D Bonjour, and welcome to the forumDjoul! Look forward to seeing your project progress, there are few people on here with ambulances who i'm sure will help you with advice or photo's if you need it, just ask. /\:) They may also be able to assist with missing items if they have spares so always worth mentioning what you need. (:D

John

Djoul

Post by Djoul » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm

thank you for your welcome /\:)
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A BUS