I'm back

Take a few moments and let the rest of the members know about yourself, your EVW and your interests.
custardbomb
EVW Addict
I'm back

Post by custardbomb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm back and now investing some more time in my van, I bumped in to t25feuerwehr at Beachbuggin today, which has prompted my return.

To start with, I have been spending some time giving my van a make over having spent a week on and off working on the interior cleaning everything and two solid days on the paintwork she now looks great http://sdrv.ms/OcqzMc interior photos to follow, but I was shocked to find how much the fire service smoked as the roof panels noticeably changed colour. I found some rust under the floor mat where my heel rests when operating the accelerator and one of the cab steps has started to rot with a tiny bit of rust on a seam, but the spectrometer came up trumps with an excellent colour match and a colleagues partner just so happens to be a senior VW bodyshop technician, so a cash in hand job was due and he's done such an impeccable job you would not know any works been done. Rear quarter panel, sliding door and rail cover need repainting due to a previous incorrect colour match and a few rust spots but overall very good, and I am very happy.

I have also had a local fabricator make the rear brackets for my Hirschmann mast I found on ebay.de so this will be reinstated shortly and further pics will follow to show this off. I can't tell you how hard it was to find a fabricator that would make something from photos without diagrams and I think hes made an excellent job, just some tweaking and painting to do and its done.

I was working on a a front end site for the forum, but I got caught out and let my hosting expire. This will be reinstated, just let me know if you prefer emergencyvw.co.uk, emergencyvws.co.uk or the .com variation of the same, or any other alternative and I will order this domain against my current hosting provider once an agreement has been reached.

Chris.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: I'm back

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome back Chris! Good to hear you still have your bus and have been adding accessories! Don't mind which domain you go for but i'd go for emergencyvws...no ads though...not even hidden ones ;)

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: I'm back

Post by lmpd » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am

Welcome back matey, good to see you posting again!!! (:D