New Member - Lichfield, Staffs.

Take a few moments and let the rest of the members know about yourself, your EVW and your interests.
TeeDee
New Member - Lichfield, Staffs.

Post by TeeDee » Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Wow, so pleased to find the EVW.
I bought a 1971 T2 Crossover ambulance earlier in the year and have gradually been assembling the missing pieces to return the van to an ambulance.
Sirens and the roof mounted red cross light have been bought but finding a Hella KL 8/3 is proving tricky.
Anyone have one for sale?

Love to meet up with like minded members at forthcoming shows.

Tony

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Re: New Member - Lichfield, Staffs.

Post by rolandrat » Sun May 22, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Tony,

welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I have no so-called 'chromed trim ring blue light' for sale, but they are turning up from time to time on eBay.de. A few months ago one from a T2 ambulance was sold for 105 Euros plus shipping to give you a clue.

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Sun May 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum, there is normally at least one of us at most of the shows, so meeting up is a real possibility, just keep us informed which ones you're going to. It would be great to see some pics of the ambulance, if you struggle getting your pics up - just let us know and we'll see if we can talk you through it!!!
:D

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon May 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum! Yes we have members at shows during the year so i'm sure you'll be able to meet up for a chat. Keep an eye out in Shows and Meets and post in there if you are planning to go to a show.
We'll hopefully be resurrecting the Peak District run in the autumn so that's one to consider too as you aren't too far away.

If you post a wanted ad in the wanted area and keep an eye out on Ebay.de (or .nl .be etc) you should be able to track down the parts you need. If you want hints on what to search for in German, Roland will assist i'm sure.
Look forward to seeing you at a show.

Cheers

John

TeeDee

Post by TeeDee » Mon May 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, look forward to meeting with you at some shows.
Ive mastered the art of ebay searching (bless the Iphone) and I'm a daily visitor to de/nl/fr/au/bl and etc! (sad or what!)

Missed out on a Helphos searchlight in DE yesterday!

I would welcome advice on how to upload some photos of the ambulance, I've seen some info about a photo bucket account?

Cheers

Tony

:lol:

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Wed May 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Right then Tony, you need to open a photobucket account (easy & free) and get your pics loaded onto it. When your pics are on there, there will be a selection of codes under each image, right click the one that starts img., and bring it over 'ere................and hopefully Bobs your uncle!!! \:)/

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

Cheers Pete, i also sent the EVEGRUPPE account info over too.