Newbie with questions!!

Take a few moments and let the rest of the members know about yourself, your EVW and your interests.
surfcarrot
EVW Addict
Re: Newbie with questions!!

Post by surfcarrot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm

I like it :) ()

lmpd
Super Moderator

Post by lmpd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Looks great mate, what have you got going on in the interior :geek: ............if its not a personal question???? :D

VW T25 Feuerwehr
EVW Addict

Post by VW T25 Feuerwehr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:33 am

It's had a conversion inside with a full Westfalia make over.

The guy I bought it from very kindly sent me the link to a website with pictures of it in service which is pretty cool /\:) the exterior is as it was the only change I can see is the alloy wheels - which I may change back to original steels

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Nice bus!
Original Steels? Hmm are they the same as Bay Window ones? (Thinking about another forum member that was selling a set of black ones...)
Feel free to post the pics in service too or the link :)

spikeemikey
EVW Addict

Post by spikeemikey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi (and a very belated) Welcome!

I have been passengering and more lately driving my/my friends T25 ExKats Feuerwehr since late 2006 and we have only been pulled over once because of the blue light. This was when we foolishly drove it straight into Stansted airport just a month or so after the attempted car bombing at Glasgow airport.

Maybe it's because life is quiet in East Anglia? I wouldnt drive her into London though, without covering the light up. We have been to Wales and West Country quite a few times with no problems.

All the best

Mike

homer004

Post by homer004 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 pm

hi,
my names jim ,i live in poole and iv just bought one t25 i believe you may have looked at it
i am going to convert it to camper

how do you get on with your blue lights do you need to cover them in dorset mine have been decomissioned

hope to show you mine when iv put a interior in it.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi James
Apologies for your posts not being approved for a while, your account appeared around the time we had a spam attack so it was held over. Anyway, welcome to the Gruppe! Good to hear you have joined the clan and got yourself an ex EVW! Looking forward to some photos!

Blue lights? (:D Well recommendations are tricky...i've not had a problem when i have run without a cover but others have. To save any problems, i do run with a cover unless at shows. The law suggests that even things that look like blue lights are not allowed so a blue dome with no innards or disconnected, is looked upon in the same way. Still it doesn't seem to stop a certain supermarkets home delivery trucks! (look at one from the front from a distance!).

Look forward to meeting you during the coming year. Maybe we could get your bus in a line up at a show?! (:D

John

VW T25 Feuerwehr
EVW Addict

Post by VW T25 Feuerwehr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

homer004 wrote:hi,
my names jim ,i live in poole and iv just bought one t25 i believe you may have looked at it
i am going to convert it to camper

how do you get on with your blue lights do you need to cover them in dorset mine have been decomissioned

hope to show you mine when iv put a interior in it.
Hi Jim,

We are away at the moment, im back next week will PM my details would be good to discuss this over a beer if you would prefere as your so close!

Welcome to the Forum, I am sure you will find lots of information and interesting stories.....enjoy

David

custardbomb
EVW Addict

Post by custardbomb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Hello Jim,

Welcome to the forum, I've beer n stopped by the Police once to do PNC check, no idea why they stopped me and my light was on display, and i've driven past a number of Police cars with no issues, however I now play it safe and I have custom made blue cover to go on, however I previously used black tights.

Chris