Newb from cheshire

Take a few moments and let the rest of the members know about yourself, your EVW and your interests.
lembot
Newb from cheshire

Post by lembot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi just found this forum and thought id sign up,Ive not long picked up a 1969 ex german firebus which im loving every minute of 8-) any way im hoping to find out a little more about its history,theres a few things in it which i have no idea what they are?? Bosch "something" next to the battery,a plug in the front cab below a heater vent,and some kind of cable opposite the battery anyways heres a few pics..

lmpd
Super Moderator

Re: Newb from cheshire

Post by lmpd » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 pm

hello lembot, welcome to the site, lovely van mate, interesting that the only bit of livery to survive is your ziegler sticker :D

lembot

Post by lembot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Yeah looks that way,the marks are still on it from a ladder rack though and theres holes in the roof where the beacon was :lol:

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 am

Nice ex TSF = Tragkraftspritzenfahrzeug = portable fire pump vehicle.

Not sure about the BOSCH 'something'. One is the generator controller, the other one might be a battery uncoupling relay for a 2nd battery (any fixing points existing?).

The plug in the cab is standard, a socket for stand by battery charge and preservation whilst the vehicle is sitting at the fire station. It's mounted on the driver's side not to forget to unplug the cable before deploying ...

The strange thing opposite the battery seems to be a battery main switch. The removable 'bone' (a good theft protection BTW) is missing though.

The standard frame in the passenger's door is for a cardboard sheet with brief vehicle maintenance hints.

Is your tailgate lockable? Those fire panel vans came without a lock to enable quick access to the equipment.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Nice bus! It looks very much like the one opposite us in the Battle of the Bays at Bus Stop Over...in fact it is, we had a quick chat when i ambushed you with that flyer. Hello again and welcome!
BSO pics here....http://kats.thebughaus.co.uk/kats/viewt ... f=32&t=348

Yeah that Bosch kit does look pretty heavy duty, post up some Bosch part numbers and we'll try to figure it out.

lembot

Post by lembot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Dubmatrix that was probably the chap i bought it off Mark,super nice guy 8-) thanks for the comments info guys!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:46 am

Now I can add, that the left BOSCH relay is a 'Schütz' = contactor; a heavy duty relay in principle with a significant higher switching capacity.

lembot

Post by lembot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks for the info guys where should i start looking for,sirens lights and a ladder ebay?