1:43 SCHUCO T2a RAPUNZEL

Seen an Emergency Dub model? Post info here
rolandrat
Super Moderator
1:43 SCHUCO T2a RAPUNZEL

Post by rolandrat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:06 pm

As one might know I have a weakness for EVWs which underwent a change.

Therefore (and because I have a weakness for hippie Buses, too) I recently acquired this lovely SCHUCO model, an eBay find in my neighbourhood, ltd. ed. 1,000 pcs.

The original, a former Krankenwagen, is a promotion vehicle for RAPUNZEL natural food company.

The name rings a bell? You might be acquainted with the Brothers Grimm fairy tale 'Rapunzel'. The protagonist's name translates 'lamb's lettuce'.

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: 1:43 SCHUCO T2a RAPUNZEL

Post by Dubmatix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down your hair....or let's have a look at the other side to see if it has a fold out step?! :D Interesting original and nicely done model!

I like the retained ambulance coloured wheels, bumper and roof(?) it fits well with the groovy paint job.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm

That's right!

The look at the other side of the pigtailed gal doesn't reveal a fold out step though.

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:08 am

This one obviously was the inspiring example ...

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:00 pm

I think we need a hippy bus thread :D

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 am

Why not? No EVW theme but the heck with it!

I'd like to add this '79 Bus (a real Bus i.e. Type 22, not 'just' a Kombi i.e. Type 23) which belongs to my mate Klaus.

About 10 years ago he painted it together with his little daughter Mona. In the meantime she's cruising in it herself! :D

The Bus seems familiar to you? It's well-known from the Vanfest poster and the VW Camper Cookbook. Due to some MOT welding overpaintings and new inspirations the Bus' appearance changed a little bit in the meantime though:

Yin & Yang etc. The 'H' for 'Haltestelle', however, is the official German bus stop sign

Note contemporary stickers. 'Wer ist Tüff' = 'who's TÜV' spoofes the MOT (recently passed it)

Where's that bird?

Last week the Bus was an eye catcher at a grammar school fest with a hippie theme. They provided contemporary rags and used it as a background for photos. Despite or because the bad weather ('Reminds me of Woodstock!' - an elderly teacher) it was a great atmosphere. :D

Let the good times roll!

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Got in contact with RAPUNZEL and they told me, that their T2a wasn't a Krankenwagen!

It's rather a former Swiss Army supply vehicle which was only used within the barracks. Hence the good condition. The original orange (!) colour has been painted over by a friendly artist.

Hard to believe, they maybe are mixing up something?

RAPUNZEL namely used to have several Buses in the last decades; there even was a T1 Samba which has been scrapped one day due to rust problems ... :cry:

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Post by Dubmatix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 pm

Originally orange? Odd...
I've made a Hippy bus thread to continue this one...and copied all this across. I'll leave this here as it is relevant to the models area... 8-)