Look after the remnant!

Post internet finds here and your homebrew PS mods
rolandrat
Super Moderator
Look after the remnant!

Post by rolandrat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:37 pm

At first glance this FüKW-TEL 81 has been called to a minor road accident last July

Nope, it's not only involved, it's the causer which banged into the bakery van! e:(

Feuerwehr Schwindegg's T3 has been initially called to a chemical spill

Dubmatix
Site Admin

Re: Look after the remnant!

Post by Dubmatix » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:09 pm

e:(
Thanks for sharing Roland but not good! I bet it wasn't repaired as it looks to have bent too many panels. Do you have any info on what happened to it next? As you say, these few remaining older buses need looking after, I wonder how many are left in service now?

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 am

Sad indeed but could have been worse. It seems to me, that the driver overtook despite oncoming traffic. Hey, them old air-cooled Buses are no racers! :-K Modern front flashers don't make them faster.

Don't think, that there are many left in service anymore.

The bang is hushed up on facebook (some Feuerwehrs have no website). No hints what happened to the 'wreck'. I reckon it has been decommissioned, can't imagine, that the government pays for such a repair.

Let's commemorate it with this pic as a leader of a row

It even appears in Feuerwehr Schwindegg's 2016 wall calendar. Artwork is a matter of taste ...

rolandrat
Super Moderator

Post by rolandrat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:08 pm

Now I could track what happened. It bothered me, that a comrade could have made such a mistake and actually he didn't.

The 24-year-old driver of the Bus had the blue light and sirens on (:D . OK so far, blue lights without sirens don't give you the right of way.

Suddenly he had a queue in front, but the oncoming traffic had already exemplarly moved to the roadside and created a gap :) () . The car in front of the EVW took its chance tho', swung out and tried to overtake the queue BEFORE the KatS vehicle. The fire fighter had to make a full break and due to the rain-wet slippery road (the obligatory winter tyres ain't no good in such a situation) he banged into the oncoming waiting cars. e:(

Nobody hurt at least.

My own experience (with rather lame fire engines) is: you'd better drive WITHOUT lights and sirens to prevent others from doing stupid things ...